Short Video
enlo22
Nov 18 2014, 11:26 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
A new track I came up with, I'm decided to try something different. I'm trying to experiment into new things in music. Also on the last thread I talked to gabe and cosmin about the modes and I tried to apply it here a bit, so hopefully you guys enjoy it :]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4jsYOPOJQ8

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 19 2014, 01:18 AM
GMC Founder
Amazing Enlo, this is one of the cooler takes on metal electronic/techno I have heard. Yet it's not electronic nor techno =) Well done with guitar sound and tight playing as well - we want more!!!

Do you have any more plans for this track?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 19 2014, 06:21 AM
GMC:er
Very cool stuff!! Almost "Meshuggah Techno"! smile.gif

QUOTE (enlo22 @ Nov 18 2014, 06:26 PM) *
A new track I came up with, I'm decided to try something different. I'm trying to experiment into new things in music. Also on the last thread I talked to gabe and cosmin about the modes and I tried to apply it here a bit, so hopefully you guys enjoy it :]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4jsYOPOJQ8

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 19 2014, 10:49 AM
Instructor
Ciao Marco!

I love it too and I think that this could be another opportunity for you - inspired by Kris' comment - why not try to add up a real techno/electronic vibe to it, by working with synths and loops, ambiental sounds and the like? I think that these could bring a totally amazing flavor to the composition smile.gif What do you think?

+Quote Post
klasaine
Nov 19 2014, 03:07 PM
GMC:er
+1 to what the others have said.
That's a cool track!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 19 2014, 03:15 PM
Instructor
Something different...really nice to hear You exploring different fields of music, even if those are close to what You've been doing before smile.gif Keep up the good work!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 19 2014, 04:26 PM
Instructor
Wou Enlo!! I can feel that this experimentation with modes is bringing some really fresh air to your compositions. This tune keeps your style which I known from previous tracks but add some melodic and harmonic stuff that takes your music to a new level. You have to continue exploring in this direction!

What can you say about the scales and modes involved here?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
enlo22
Nov 19 2014, 08:15 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
thanks everyone smile.gif

I wasn't sure on what to do with the track after this, I almost thought of adding another part after that but going to a more darker sound. The electronic sound could be rubbing off from a friend of mine who makes a lot of electronic music lol, In fact we were thinking about adding pads and synths to the track as well to add a different feeling and make it a bit more spiced up. I was thinking in modes mostly at the 55 second mark, which is where I switched to somewhat of a lydian sound, or attempted to haha. I used the c lydian and on the riff behind the leads I tried to make the f# very obvious, then i switched to a minor, but landing the last note of the riff on C.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 18 2014, 02:26 PM
Instructor
I simply do enjoy to see You constantly working to improve both - composition and mixing skills smile.gif And it does happen! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 18 2014, 04:31 PM
Instructor
I concur with Darius and I am also curious about the outcome smile.gif Have you managed to create a mix version featuring all the elements you described, in respect to the electronic sounds? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Dec 19 2014, 08:14 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey Marco, nice experiment. I would like to hear more of this!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:13 PM