Grace Or Tied Note?
Frank
Mar 31 2008, 05:00 PM
GMC:er
Hi Muris I have a question about some tab. On the G sting the 5th fret is indicated with a small 5 and the 7th fret with the normal size number .The 5 and the 7 are legato notes .The 5th fret sound like a 1/64 and the 7th like a 1/16. What is the best way to play this kind of the notes? What I think and the way I was try to do is to slide from the 5th to 7th but I’m still not shore. Pleas help me out with this.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 31 2008, 06:06 PM
Instructor
Hi Frank. smile.gif

Those small notes are grace notes,usually played right before "real" note,normal size.
And there are many ways to connect them,slide,hammer,pull-of(if grace note is higher) etc.
In tabs you cannot see how it's done cause it only says g which means grace note.
But if you take GP file and look at the type of grace note you'll see exactly how it's done,
by slide,hammer-on or whatever.

Hope this help,let me know if I missed something. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Frank
Mar 31 2008, 07:17 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Muris @ Mar 31 2008, 09:06 AM) *
Hi Frank. smile.gif

Those small notes are grace notes,usually played right before "real" note,normal size.
And there are many ways to connect them,slide,hammer,pull-of(if grace note is higher) etc.
In tabs you cannot see how it's done cause it only says g which means grace note.
But if you take GP file and look at the type of grace note you'll see exactly how it's done,
by slide,hammer-on or whatever.

Hope this help,let me know if I missed something. smile.gif

THankyou Muris! Your ensure always helps . smile.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 31 2008, 11:39 PM
Instructor
You're most welcome,ask if you need anything else tho. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:58 PM