12 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
My First Student Collaboration, Rock ballad style - all levels
Emir Hot
Jan 10 2009, 10:40 PM
Instructor
Here it is after so many personal messages and e mails from you guys. Sorry I have been very busy recently but now I am back to contribute more in GMC activities.

This track is in 130bpm and has kinda slower rock ballad feel. You can use any technique. There are places for slow long notes, fast runs, maybe tapping if you want or even some arpeggios. Stylisticaly you can play any rock style. From jazz rock to neoclassical metal if you like smile.gif You have about 45 seconds to play - enough to show us some creativity. You can start with slow melodies and buld up later.

The chord progression is:

Section 1
Am,
Am/G,
Am/F#,
Am/F (or Fmaj7 if you like),
Am,
Am/G,
D,
E7

Section 2
Am,
Bdim7,
Bdim7 (again the same one, but this time you can move it to the next inversion Ddim7 or even think of this one as E7),
Am,
F,
G (or G7),
C,
E7

Section 3
The same as section 1

The first 4 chords - you can play A minor scales (pentatonic or aeolian) but it's up to you how much you want to extract from here and go for a more "spicy" approach smile.gif

The track consists of 3 sections and it might sound unfinished when you stop playing but it should sound ok when the next person takes over the solo. Please do not play all the way after the last chord - think that somebody else is coming after you.

Please pay attention on your guitar sound. This is rock style backing so your sound should be warm with some nice overdrive but do not go extreme to trash metal sound. You can record with effects if you like but don't put too much delay. I need to have a good raw definition of your sound in order to mix it nicely.

Please export the track from the begining exactly as the backing. The first bar is empty, the second bar is click (metronome) and the song starts from the 3rd bar. I only need your solo exported, not the full mix with the backing. Also don't export stereo track unless you use a stereo delay or some other stereo effect.

There is no limited number of participants. You have 2 weeks exactly to submit the track on this same thread. The deadline is January 24. After that I will need 3-5 days to submit the mix and comments. If you have any question you can ask here.

I hope you will enjoy this one and I am looking forward to some great takes.

Cheers

-----------------------------------------------

Participants that confirmed their entry:

1. superize
2. Smells
3. Tolek
4. enforcer
5. Toroso
6. Caelumamittendum
7. ztevie
8. Toroso
9. Marc_Maiden
10. UncleSkillet
11. Ajmurrell
12. Col Roberts
13. OrganisedConfusion
14. wrk
15. Vaialation1232
16. SonofDestiny
17. audiopaal
18. lcsdds
19. strat
20. Tjchep
21. berko
22. Paiva
23. utak3r
24. JamesT
25. Velvet Roger
26. coffeeman
27. kaznie_NL
28. Sondre

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Emir Hot: Jan 18 2009, 09:39 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  backing_mix.mp3 ( 771.84K ) Number of downloads: 1170

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
superize
Jan 10 2009, 10:42 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I want in on this one

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 10 2009, 10:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (superize @ Jan 10 2009, 09:42 PM) *
I want in on this one

Of course mate, you are number 1 smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 10 2009, 10:54 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
count me in smile.gif great backing

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 10 2009, 10:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 10 2009, 09:54 PM) *
count me in smile.gif great backing

Thanks mate, you are in

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 10 2009, 11:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
Number 3 here. smile.gif

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 10 2009, 11:03 PM
GMC:er
All I want in the whole world is just one thing:
Sign me up !!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 10 2009, 11:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tolek @ Jan 10 2009, 10:00 PM) *
Number 3 here. smile.gif

sure smile.gif

QUOTE (enforcer @ Jan 10 2009, 10:03 PM) *
All I want in the whole world is just one thing:
Sign me up !!! biggrin.gif

You got it now mate smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Toroso
Jan 11 2009, 12:08 AM
I would love to give it a go Emir! smile.gif

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 11 2009, 12:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Toroso @ Jan 10 2009, 11:08 PM) *
I would love to give it a go Emir! smile.gif

of course, why not smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 11 2009, 12:28 AM
Learning Rock Star
I am in too! smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 11 2009, 12:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 10 2009, 11:28 PM) *
I am in too! smile.gif

Added smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
ztevie
Jan 11 2009, 12:50 AM
Oh, count me in if there's room!
EDIT: OK no limit.. SO I guess I'm in there...

This post has been edited by ztevie: Jan 11 2009, 12:53 AM

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

+Quote Post
Toroso
Jan 11 2009, 01:02 AM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 10 2009, 04:40 PM) *
The first 4 chords - you can play A minor scales (pentatonic or aeolian) but it's up to you how much you want to extract from here and go for a more "spicy" approach smile.gif

Could you suggest some spice for this less knowledgeble one?

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Jan 11 2009, 01:05 AM
count me in smile.gif

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 11 2009, 01:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ztevie @ Jan 10 2009, 11:50 PM) *
Oh, count me in if there's room!
EDIT: OK no limit.. SO I guess I'm in there...

sure, no limit smile.gif

QUOTE (Toroso @ Jan 11 2009, 12:02 AM) *
Could you suggest some spice for this less knowledgeble one?

but if you are less comfortable with spicy stuff, why don't you just keep it simple? There's no need for complicating things if you can do some good stuff with scales that you already know. But if you want some tips, try like this. Wherever you think there is a lydian, try lydian b7 and see what happens. It sometimes work sometimes not, you should be careful here. For dorian, try dorian #4. There is one cool thing called superimposing pentatonics. I am doing a lesson about that. You play pentatonics up a 5th instead of the one you would normaly play. If there is A minor pentatonic, you play E minor pentatonic instead. There you have some A min pentatonic notes and also some other cool ones introduced. They are all in a right scale though. If you "superimpose" again up a 5th, so instead of A min pentatonic go for B min pentatonic, there you have even more spicy stuff smile.gif It all depends what you are going for. Maybe not all that will work in every moment for the rock style feel but you can give it a try and see if you like what's coming out. I hope this helps.

QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Jan 11 2009, 12:05 AM) *
count me in smile.gif

Sure man smile.gif

This post has been edited by Emir Hot: Jan 11 2009, 01:21 AM

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 11 2009, 01:19 AM
Learning Rock Star
I already see this growing huge, Emir! I geuss you should take that as a compliment from all of us! smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 11 2009, 01:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 11 2009, 12:19 AM) *
I already see this growing huge, Emir! I geuss you should take that as a compliment from all of us! smile.gif

of course man it is a big compliment even if I had only one person in this collaboration smile.gif I am here for the good of both sides. I enjoy mixing stuff and listening different ideas and you can get some recording/playing experience and possibly learn something. In the end of the day we are all having a good fun here and that's very important. Thanks for joining this one bro smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 11 2009, 01:33 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
You can count on me doing a track. smile.gif Thanks Emir for the great backing track

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 11 2009, 01:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jan 11 2009, 12:33 AM) *
You can count on me doing a track. smile.gif Thanks Emir for the great backing track

No problem mate, thanks for joining

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:35 PM