Youtube Question..
vintageplaya666
Jul 28 2008, 10:48 PM
GMC:er
Ok, I've encounterd this problem. I've found a video of my old old band playing a cover song on stage and the performance went really bad becuase the guitar lead messed up and took a while for the tech guys to get a replacement.

There was a guy who recorded the whole show on DVD, as it was at College and was part of a video project for us music students. Now I've discovered that someone has ripped different parts from the DVD (which was only ment to be for educational use) and posted them on youtube.

I e-mailed the guy and asked him politley to take the video down, and he said no. He said I will have to go through Youtube.

The guy didn't have permission from me or any of my old band members to upload the clip of us performing, So can YouTube do something about it, and how Do I go about doing it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by vintageplaya666: Jul 28 2008, 10:54 PM

--------------------

Signature Made By Spleeny

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift "
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 28 2008, 10:52 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
youtube probably has an email address where you could ask them this question. I would think if its of you and he didnt have permisson from you or your other band mates that if you wanted it taken if it would have to be taken off but I'm not sure.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 28 2008, 10:56 PM
Instructor
You can contact youtube stuff
and explain the issue.
I did the same thing when a guy from Mexico or som
was playing lesson from GMC and signing himself as an author.
He had to change the composer's name but didn't remove clips. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
vintageplaya666
Jul 28 2008, 11:00 PM
Hmm, I clicked on the Contact section and it has given me a variety of options which are:

Copyright Issues: If you are the copyright owner of a video and feel it has been uploaded without your permission, please follow these directions to submit a copyright infringement notice.

Press Room: This area contains press releases, media coverage, and our fact sheet.

Partner Program: If you're interested in joining the YouTube Partner Program, visit our information page to learn more about it.

Abuse Issues: For any abuse issues on the site, please contact us through the Abuse and Policy Center.

Site Security Issues: If you want to report a security issue with the YouTube site, please visit us here.

Inappropriate Content: To report an inappropriate video on YouTube, please click the "Flag" link under the video. For details, please read more here.

I cant click on the Copyright Issues one, as I am not the owner of the video..So which one do I go for here?

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Jul 28 2008, 11:37 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Each country have different laws for taking pictures/videos of people and publish them. I could be wrong, but i think in the US it's allowed without asking for permission (paparazzi paradise). I'm not sure how this is handled by youtube.

I'm not an expert, but i guess it will be difficult to have this video removed. Try anyway to contact youtube, maybe under copyright issues, just to reach someone and to be able to explain the situation.

Did you play your own songs or was the show a private event? Maybe with that you will have a chance.

Let us know how the story ends, could be interesting to know .. good luck!!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 28 2008, 11:42 PM
Instructor
I used copyright as issue cause he used
my own lesson and showed then as his.
Now,if you did covers than you cannot use it I think. unsure.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
vintageplaya666
Jul 28 2008, 11:42 PM
QUOTE (wrk @ Jul 28 2008, 11:37 PM) *
Each country have different laws for taking pictures/videos of people and publish them. I could be wrong, but i think in the US it's allowed without asking for permission (paparazzi paradise). I'm not sure how this is handled by youtube.

I'm not an expert, but i guess it will be difficult to have this video removed. Try anyway to contact youtube, maybe under copyright issues, just to reach someone and to be able to explain the situation.

Did you play your own songs or was the show a private event? Maybe with that you will have a chance.

Let us know how the story ends, could be interesting to know .. good luck!!

I've contacted them and explained. So I'll wait and see what happens.

It was just a performance for family and friends, and we only played one cover.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Duncan
Jul 28 2008, 11:46 PM
So basically you only want it taken down because you played badly?

+Quote Post
wrk
Jul 28 2008, 11:53 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hm .. covers make it difficult.
In this case try again to contact the guy once more and activate the other band members as well .. maybe after a while he is willing to take it down.

+Quote Post
vintageplaya666
Jul 28 2008, 11:55 PM
No, the video was Ripped from a dvd produced by my college for Educational Purposes. He selected performances from the DVD and uploaded them.

The DVD is copyrighted to the college, and therefore he does not have any right to upload it. I know for a fact that he did not get permission to upload them, As I spoke to the Music Department (Who Produced the DVD)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 29 2008, 12:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (vintageplaya666 @ Jul 29 2008, 12:55 AM) *
No, the video was Ripped from a dvd produced by my college for Educational Purposes. He selected performances from the DVD and uploaded them.

The DVD is copyrighted to the college, and therefore he does not have any right to upload it. I know for a fact that he did not get permission to upload them, As I spoke to the Music Department (Who Produced the DVD)

Then you can ask for Youtube to remove the clip/s. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
vintageplaya666
Jul 29 2008, 12:38 AM
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jul 29 2008, 12:24 AM) *
Then you can ask for Youtube to remove the clip/s. smile.gif

Yeah, Thanks Muris smile.gif I Filled a complaint form out anyway, so I suspect I should hear something in a few days.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 29 2008, 12:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (vintageplaya666 @ Jul 29 2008, 01:38 AM) *
Yeah, Thanks Muris smile.gif I Filled a complaint form out anyway, so I suspect I should hear something in a few days.

I got respond in a day or two if I remember correct,
it shall be fine. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
vintageplaya666
Jul 29 2008, 04:53 PM
Well guys, I have good news.

The Video has been removed! This is the message it comes up with when I go to the Link

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Bishop Auckland College

smile.gif

So it has a happy ending smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 29 2008, 04:58 PM
Instructor
Good to hear,well done. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jul 30 2008, 09:10 AM
OK, it's sorted already. I just wanted to add that you probably have no rights to the content of the DVD, that should be the schools material smile.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jul 30 2008, 09:14 AM
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jul 28 2008, 11:56 PM) *
You can contact youtube stuff
and explain the issue.
a guy from Mexico or som
was playing lesson from GMC and signing himself as an author.

blink.gif Oh man...that's pathetic

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:26 PM