> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Satch Style, Lesson By Piotr Kaczor
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Offa
Oct 20 2012, 09:10 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Satch Style by Piotr Kaczor

I´m playing this lesson for some weeks now. I never use the trem bar, so forgive me that. The timing is a little bit shaky, ´cause of "red light effect". Thank you very much for your comments! Offa

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 20 2012, 09:42 AM
Instructor
Hey, it's great to see a REC take from you ! smile.gif

I think you did a great job, especially considering that your tone isn't as sustaining and boosted as Piotr's is. Your rhythm playing is really strong here, with your picking and finger shifting being very efficient and well accented.

The timing of the lead section could be tighter.. altering the timing of a phrase really does make a lot of difference to how effective it sounds so that would be my only real criticism.. so well done and keep working !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 20 2012, 07:39 PM
Instructor
I liked it! Nice tone and nice playing! Rhythm part was very good and I think you will have no problems bringing up the lead to same level! Just practice it some more and it will be a solid 10!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 27 2012, 07:07 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Bumping thread up in the list

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 29 2012, 12:39 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! I agree with the guys! This lesson is not easy and you did a fine job, but you need to spend more time with it, in order to get closer to that 10. Tighter playing and more focus on articulation (bending and vibrato) would be the things I'd stay on!

All the best,

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 30 2012, 12:18 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! Nice playing! Don't worry about the REC light effect! It disappears after some time of practice. Regarding your take, I think that you are close, there are details to adjust, some position switches that could be tighter, your vibrato that should be more consistent and some other things that you will fix after some more practice. I recommend you to compare your take with the original take and pay attention to those things.. groove, vibrato, timing, intensity and try to emulate a bit more that.
Keep on the hard work! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 4 2012, 10:01 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Pass - 8!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:32 PM