Need Recommendations For An Acou-eletric Guitar
eleven
Jun 17 2008, 05:35 AM
GMC:er
Hi, my name is Jon and I'm thinking of picking up an acoustic-electric down the line, but would like some help on deciding which guitars are good.

Basically I'm looking for something that isn't too expensive, but has a decent sound. If finish doesn't play a big role on how the guitar sounds, then maybe that could help cut out cost? I'm still fairly new to guitar or haven't really been practicing so I guess there'd be no point in going all out and buying a really expensive one, but I'd also like to have one that I could just keep on playing when I get better. In terms of price range, if possible nothing over a thousand.

Would anyone happen to have any recommendations for brand or a specific guitar? If I was too general, sorry about that, but would clarify anything I might've missed.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 17 2008, 11:47 AM
Instructor
I'm not too sure what do you mean by acoustic-electric. Do you mean hollow body electric (with pickups), or wired acoustic guitar?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gus
Jun 17 2008, 03:01 PM
If you are talking about acoustic guitar with amplification (piezo pickup), I can recommend Washburn acoustic guitars, as they have several alternatives and price ranges, being in general a good deal for the price paid.

The one I have is EA20-SDL. You can see how it sounds in a noise pub, recorded over a photo camera here tongue.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei57fG-rsNs
I am playing the lead. If you go to minute 2, you can see the solo and the real character of this guitar (cool treble sound).

I am telling character, because that's one thing you should be aware about acoustic guitars (actually guitars in general). For instance the model I have does not make a folk sound, if that's what you looking for.

Also, take your time to gather information and make your decision. If you find that the guitar you really want is like up to 1.5 the budget you have now, just wait a few more months and gather the money. It is better to delay the buying than being not fully satisfacted after a couple of months.

This post has been edited by Gus: Jun 17 2008, 03:01 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
eleven
Jun 20 2008, 04:41 PM
Ivan: Sorry for the late reply. I guess I meant an acoustic with pickups.

Gus: Thanks Gus. I'll check out those Washburn guitars. On the 1.5 price range though, are takamine's a good guitar to pick up on? I guess it'll be a lot easier to tell which guitar I'd like if I actually go inside a store and try it. I just wanted to ask incase they didn't have the guitar I want and I'd have to order online.

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 20 2008, 05:01 PM
Do not order a guitar on-line!
Try it, feel it, play it first.
Then buy one you like the feel of. smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Gus
Jun 20 2008, 05:10 PM
I agree. Do not ever buy a guitar you did not try before. Even if you choose to buy online, try it on a real shop first.

Takamine have good reputation, but I can't say much because I only played one from a friend. It was an entry level Jasmine. It had good sound but not that easy to play.

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:37 PM