Rendered Tracks Sound Different
Phil66
Aug 7 2015, 08:52 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello everyone,

Sorry for being a pain in the proverbial with all of these reaper questions but; if I put a rendered file, like a guitar track, back into Reaper it just doesn't sound the same as the original wav created by Reaper itself, it sounds ok in media player though.

Any ideas?

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 7 2015, 10:06 PM
GMC:er
Probably it about the sample rate, can you check it from the top right corner if the source audio and DAW settings match?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 7 2015, 10:28 PM
Thanks,

I'll look tomorrow but why would it be different if rendered from Reaper?

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 7 2015, 10:49 PM
Not sure to be honest, never happened to me smile.gif is it bassier, slow or faster? maybe there is a forgotten plug-in on the master track?

This post has been edited by Mertay: Aug 7 2015, 10:50 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 8 2015, 08:44 AM
It sounds muffled, not exactly bassier but like there is a pillow in front of the speaker blink.gif very strange blink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 8 2015, 08:55 AM
Ideally of course, it should sound very similar. Hmm. Make sure as MERTAY said, that the sample rates are the same and that there are no extra plugins having any impact on the sound. Sometimes, a forgotten plugin on the master bus, or on a track can be the culprit smile.gif

Can you zip up the project and post it? That way we could try it out and see if we can get the same results?

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 7 2015, 03:52 PM) *
Hello everyone,

Sorry for being a pain in the proverbial with all of these reaper questions but; if I put a rendered file, like a guitar track, back into Reaper it just doesn't sound the same as the original wav created by Reaper itself, it sounds ok in media player though.

Any ideas?

Cheers

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 8 2015, 11:10 AM
Learning Tone Master
Why are you rendering it out, then back in. You should be able render the track out and leave it in reaper , thus forgoing possible problems. If you want to render 1 or only a few tracks , mute all tracks you don't want , than render, after that go back and unmute everything.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 8 2015, 02:28 PM
I had to because I accidentally deleted the original so pulled the rendered one back and bypassed Amplitude. Thinking now, mauve I should have put it back into a different track?
Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 8 2015, 04:43 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 8 2015, 02:28 PM) *
I had to because I accidentally deleted the original so pulled the rendered one back and bypassed Amplitude. Thinking now, mauve I should have put it back into a different track?
Cheers

did you try to undo your delete

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 8 2015, 07:27 PM
I deleted the wav file out of the project folder then I cleared out my recycle bin rolleyes.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 8 2015, 07:45 PM
Check the track it's imported to. Any plugins enabled on that track? Can you put the guitar track in question on sound cloud and then post the export from when you put it back in logic so we can hear it?

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 8 2015, 02:27 PM) *
I deleted the wav file out of the project folder then I cleared out my recycle bin rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 8 2015, 08:04 PM
Ok, I've fixed it but you can try for yourselves to see WHY it does it.

I recorded a guitar track to track 2 with Ampltube . I rendered it and imported it back into track 2 and click bypass on Amplitube as it has the effects already from the render. This gives a muffled sound.

If I put the track into a virgin track, say, track 3, it plays back like the original.

It would be great if you could explain why it does this, even though I've found a fix.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 8 2015, 08:57 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 8 2015, 08:04 PM) *
Ok, I've fixed it but you can try for yourselves to see WHY it does it.

I recorded a guitar track to track 2 with Ampltube . I rendered it and imported it back into track 2 and click bypass on Amplitube as it has the effects already from the render. This gives a muffled sound.

If I put the track into a virgin track, say, track 3, it plays back like the original.

It would be great if you could explain why it does this, even though I've found a fix.

Cheers

Phil

The recording gods were mad at you for dumping your tracks huh.gif

I would just erase track 2 , and name 3 the new 2, somethings we will never know , but it sounds like something was sent to track 2

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 8 2015, 09:52 PM
Might be something related to the dry/wet setting reaper offers but its just a guess. You can write this to their support, might be a bug.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 9 2015, 03:29 PM
I will do thanks.

Problem is I'm new to Reaper so anything that goes wrong I think is down to me rolleyes.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:49 PM