Oops! Some Songs Go Better Than Others
purple hayes
Aug 16 2010, 01:53 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
We were playing with the church band during service yesterday and the semi-new acoustic guitar player had the intro to the song. He was to play the whole verse and chorus before the rest of the group came in. He's sounding good and strong until the rest of us come in. It sounds terrible. I look over at the acoustic guitar player and he forgot to put the capo on for this song. He's playing in G and the rest of the band jumped in playing Ab.

I caught it right away and transposed down on-the-fly, a couple other people caught it after a bar or two and the band director was able to get everyone else to drop down to G in a few more bars.

Like I said, some songs go better than others. laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Gitarrero
Aug 16 2010, 05:55 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Haha! Good thing the whole band reacted so quickly...in my band, everyone would just have played what we practiced before laugh.gif
Then again, we don't use a capo at all...or different tunings, which makes things easier, I suppose.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Aug 23 2010, 01:43 PM
Jazz Instructor
He, I once played tune in different tonality, and didn't notice anything for 30 secs, oh mine...

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Aug 31 2010, 06:46 PM
Instructor
man, that is like one of the most terrible things to do in a band,

it happened to us recently, tongue.gif

the bassist and other guitarist changed guitar IN THE WRONG SONG, they were in Eb, while I was in E still,

hideous,

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:52 PM