Music Theory In 16 Minutes?
Todd Simpson
Mar 5 2020, 02:07 AM
GMC:er
Is it possible to get the basics of Music Theory in under 20 minutes? This guy says it is. I must say he does a pretty good job of giving an overview in a very short time. How important do you think Music Theory is for your playing? Do you need it? or do you play without it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Potsau
Mar 5 2020, 02:40 AM
Its all about it. Icant play without picking things together. I love the theory. As a byproduct to communicate between musicians. To teach. There is nobody I can talk about theory in my surroundings. This is sad. Learning the whole year about music theory and cant exchange ideas. 😢

In early days I did not use theory for playing. But it was like reading a book without realizing the content. In this case I never could tell you the the Story of that book. 🤓. So I would say ITS ALL ABOUT IT! 😜

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Potsau: Mar 5 2020, 02:43 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 5 2020, 08:01 AM
GMC Founder
It is just a tool in music.

For me - the most important part is to find new music that I love listening to. And when I listen I just can't help but analyse what I hear (basically I just try to isolate the cool elements of a track in my head).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 5 2020, 06:46 PM
QUOTE (Potsau @ Mar 4 2020, 09:40 PM) *
Its all about it. Icant play without picking things together. I love the theory. As a byproduct to communicate between

That's why we are here! smile.gif You can talk about theory with us. We have a community of people who are really well versed.

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 6 2020, 11:04 PM
From my point of view.
Its quite important to be really aware of it in the practice room.
So that in a live setting, we can turn off the brain and have it work as second nature.

Just like in real life, you arent thinking.
Hm i have to say a verb, noun etc etc. As you speak.

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Mar 7 2020, 01:34 AM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 6 2020, 11:59 PM
Well said! One should know enough theory to where one can simply respond creatively and play in key/time etc. without thinking so that it does not get in the way of self expression. As I've often said, your creative expression should not be limited by technical ability/knowledge. With time and practice, theory and execution become instinct to some degree and it's at that point that one can create really moving solos/music. IMHO smile.gif

Tiodd

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Mar 6 2020, 06:04 PM) *
From my point of view.
Its quite important to be really aware of it in the practice room.
So that in a live setting, we can turn off the brain and have it work has second nature.

Just like in real life, you arent thinking.
Ym i have to said a ver, noun etc etc. As you speak.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:40 PM