Motley Crue The Dirt, From Band, To Book, To. . . . Movie?
SeeJay
May 7 2014, 12:49 AM
GMC:er
So Motley Crue is calling it quits. I'm going to try and catch them when they come around.

But years ago I read The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band and loved every page of it. It's a definite NSFW book, but it does a great job of showing you the Debauchery and then at the same time pulls at your heart strings (all 6 of them, tuned down a step tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif )

I recommend it for anyone who's a fan of rock and roll.

I was wondering if they would update it now that The Crue is coming to an end when I came across this. Looks like there's movie talks.

Motley Crue Movie?!?!

Based on the format of the book, I am not sure how they will go about making a movie. Like I said, I think the charm of the book is how well balanced it is.

What are we thinking on this on?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 18)
SeeJay
May 12 2014, 05:16 PM
No One read this book? It's fantastic!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
May 12 2014, 08:28 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Ive not read 'the dirt' but I did read Nikki's Heroin Diaries which was a brilliant book. Kinda shocking considering how messed up he was but an engrossing read none the less. I was a bit of a crue fan back in the theatre of pain era, in fact that tour was the very first gig I ever went to.
I dont know if I could be bothered sitting through a movie about them now tbh. besides, it would just remind me that I never fulfilled my dream of being a drug fuelled sex crazed rock star cool.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 13 2014, 06:51 PM
Yea, I'm not sure how I feel about a movie. But we will see.

QUOTE (bleez @ May 12 2014, 07:28 PM) *
Ive not read 'the dirt' but I did read Nikki's Heroin Diaries which was a brilliant book. Kinda shocking considering how messed up he was but an engrossing read none the less. I was a bit of a crue fan back in the theatre of pain era, in fact that tour was the very first gig I ever went to.
I dont know if I could be bothered sitting through a movie about them now tbh. besides, it would just remind me that I never fulfilled my dream of being a drug fuelled sex crazed rock star cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 13 2014, 07:46 PM
Instructor
I read the book when it came out. Very entertaining. I'm not sure it would work as a movie at all. They've been talking abouit doing it ever since the book came out - not sure if it will ever see the light of day ??

Maybe not quite as rude or graphic but even more funny was the book 'I Am Ozzy.'

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 14 2014, 04:51 AM
Oh, Ill have to check that out.

I got on a big Rock Doc kick years ago. I bought a LOT of books, but ran into some bad ones back to back.

Im a big Zep fan too, I own A LOT of zep books.

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 13 2014, 06:46 PM) *
I read the book when it came out. Very entertaining. I'm not sure it would work as a movie at all. They've been talking abouit doing it ever since the book came out - not sure if it will ever see the light of day ??

Maybe not quite as rude or graphic but even more funny was the book 'I Am Ozzy.'

Any Other good Rock Doc Books people like?

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
May 14 2014, 08:12 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (SeeJay @ May 14 2014, 04:51 AM) *
Any Other good Rock Doc Books people like?

My Top 3 -
Ironman by tony iommi
Lords of Chaos
Black Metal: Evolution of the Cult

Still reading the last one but its been fascinating so far. Really enjoying it.

Whats the best Lez Zep book you've read?

This post has been edited by bleez: May 14 2014, 08:12 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 14 2014, 10:38 PM
NICE! I'm going to hunt down a copy of Ironman!

I've read through Hammer of the Gods a few times. It's a good read, but there's been some scrutiny over the legitimacy of some of it. But I think it's probably pretty close.

There's a book called Shadows Taller Than Our Souls, which is a rad interactive book. More of a retrospective. It's got recreation of ticket stubs and posters. Really just gets you in the headspace of what it was like in the 70s.

QUOTE (bleez @ May 14 2014, 07:12 AM) *
My Top 3 -
Ironman by tony iommi
Lords of Chaos
Black Metal: Evolution of the Cult

Still reading the last one but its been fascinating so far. Really enjoying it.

Whats the best Lez Zep book you've read?

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
May 17 2014, 10:24 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Cool, Hammer of the gods and 'when giants ruled the earth' were the two led zep books I've been considering smile.gif
Ive gotten quite into led zeppelin recently, Ive always liked them, never been a massive fan but for some reason they have just clicked with me a lot more recently.

Ironman is definitely one of may favourite books. Some people didnt like the writing style but I thought it was great. you really get the impression that Tony is just sat at a table talking about his life, he occasionally goes off on a tangent and them comes back to the original subject, its quite a natural flow to the book. I liked that.
The Ozzy one Ben mentioned is really good as well, I read both straight after each other....... I wish I had been in black sabbath cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 17 2014, 12:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ May 17 2014, 10:24 AM) *
I wish I had been in black sabbath cool.gif

You probably wouldn't be alive to tell the tale.. some of the practical jokes they pulled on Bill Ward.. man laugh.gif

But then again you are a Scot.. you guys can survive anything !

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 17 2014, 10:22 PM
practical jokes? i;ve never heard the stories. Can't wait to read the books!

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 17 2014, 11:36 AM) *
You probably wouldn't be alive to tell the tale.. some of the practical jokes they pulled on Bill Ward.. man laugh.gif

But then again you are a Scot.. you guys can survive anything !

--------------------

+Quote Post
wollace03
May 18 2014, 02:02 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 13 2014, 08:46 PM) *

"I am Ozzy" is one of the most entertaining books of that genre!! a must read!

"The dirt" and "the heroin diaries" are a good read,too however I am not sure what the movie would be like.... would have to be xxx-rated I guess....

+Quote Post
Himansu C Kerkar
May 18 2014, 05:06 PM
Slash's autobiography is also good
Though not as entertaining as The Dirt, its a good read

From what I have heard,
Phil Anselmo's written an Autobiography bout the Pantera Days
Cant wait for this One

Also Randy Blythe is writing a book on his Prison Days called Dark Days
He already has a Blog running ( by the same name Dark Days )
This ones not funny I guess but Randy's one Bad ass

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 18 2014, 08:05 PM
Instructor
I enjoyed Slash's autobiography, I've been a big fan of him so it's interesting to know details about how everything was composed and lived from the inside. I haven't read "The Dirt" but I heard really cool things about it. I heard some of the anecdotes related there.
I'm really curious to know how this movie will turn, it can be something epic if they do it well.

PS: I'll add "I'm Ozzy" to my list of next books to read. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Lexman
May 27 2014, 12:30 PM
Learning Roadie
I just finished reading « I am Ozzy » and it was very entertaining indeed,
I was a bit disapointed to see it says nothing about Jake E Lee though, I would have liked to know more about him and Bark at the Moon...
I also found out Black Sabbath released an album in 2013, 13, which they are world touring right know... I didnt know!! blink.gif

Thanks for the cool recommendations I'll definitely check out some more of these books.

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 30 2014, 03:33 AM
QUOTE (Lexman @ May 27 2014, 11:30 AM) *
I just finished reading « I am Ozzy » and it was very entertaining indeed,
I was a bit disapointed to see it says nothing about Jake E Lee though, I would have liked to know more about him and Bark at the Moon...
I also found out Black Sabbath released an album in 2013, 13, which they are world touring right know... I didnt know!! blink.gif

Thanks for the cool recommendations I'll definitely check out some more of these books.

New Black Sabbeth is pretty solid. Toni Iommi has cancer and I think they are just trying to do a solid album and a solid tour while they can.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
May 30 2014, 12:57 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Lexman @ May 27 2014, 12:30 PM) *
I just finished reading « I am Ozzy » and it was very entertaining indeed,

I saw them a few months ago when they were in the UK. It was probably the best gig Ive ever seen, they were amazing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lexman
May 30 2014, 08:54 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (SeeJay @ May 30 2014, 02:33 AM) *
New Black Sabbeth is pretty solid. Toni Iommi has cancer and I think they are just trying to do a solid album and a solid tour while they can.

Wow I didn't know, that's sad news. I'd love to listen to Toni Iommi play live once in my life...
I listened to the album and I like it, it's impactful, it sounds raw, I like the accelerations, it makes me want to eat meat and have sex laugh.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ May 30 2014, 11:57 AM) *
I saw them a few months ago when they were in the UK. It was probably the best gig Ive ever seen, they were amazing!

That's awesome I'd love to hear them play live, I guess it would be the best to see their final show in London on the 4th of july.
I need to plan a trip to London somehow

+Quote Post
bleez
May 30 2014, 09:26 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Lexman @ May 30 2014, 08:54 PM) *
That's awesome I'd love to hear them play live, I guess it would be the best to see their final show in London on the 4th of july.
I need to plan a trip to London somehow

They are playing Hellfest in Clisson, France on the 22nd of June. I have no idea what the ticket situation is though.
Totally worth seeing live smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:47 PM