Metallica, ...at Rock Am Ring 2008
chast
Jun 8 2008, 09:33 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey there,

Yesterday Metallica played on the famous festival Rock am Ring in Germany. I wasn't there live, I only saw it live on TV (was about 2 hours), but the performance really was good. But I'm sure our member ZakkWylde can tell us some more, because he is there smile.gif
They started out with Creeping Death: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-AEGjBjPWM (my favourite perfomance of the evening)
What a heavy sound ohmy.gif

And other performances that I found right now.

...And Justice For All
For Whom The Bells Tolls
Ride The Lightning
Nothing Else Matters
Master Of Puppets
No Remorse

Just look at the related videos and you find every performance of that evening.
Have Fun

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Jun 8 2008, 10:51 PM
Instructor
Hey!! Sounds really cool!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
SamJ
Jun 8 2008, 10:55 PM
GMC:er
Wow, sounds awesome. I really need to see a full set of Metallica sometime soon. I've only seen them for a few songs when they played at Live Earth in London a year or so ago and they rocked!

ZakkWylde is a lucky guy! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Nick325
Jun 8 2008, 11:09 PM
sounds like an awsome performance

+Quote Post
JuanMV
Jun 9 2008, 04:16 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thank you VERY MUCH for this Chast!! I can't believe they played No Remorse!! I haven't heard that song live since I don't remember when. It sounds INCREDIBLEEEEEEEEEE

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 9 2008, 05:27 PM
Instructor
Metallica rules! They sure are great live smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Oxac
Jun 9 2008, 07:48 PM
Make sure to check out my "cover" in 5/4 of Enter Sandman.

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jun 9 2008, 08:20 PM
Learning Tone Master
WHAT A SHOW! UNBELIEVEABLE!

I was really close to the stage right behind the moshpit. Metallica brought their own centre screen and tons of pyros and they played the best show I've seen in my live. You guys can not imagine 85.000 people singing ''Nothing Else Matters'' along with Hetfield, the audience was louder than him! The whole show was a rollercoaster ride of emotions from moshing to ''Creeping Death'' or ''Whiplash'' to singing ''Fade to Black''. They had pillars of fire on each side of the stage that lit up for ''enter sandman'' and reached higher than the stage, they had hundreds of gunshots and explosions for ''One''. It was a perfect setlist with a flawless performance and a lifetime experience for me...

...by the way I also saw Rage against The Machine, Opeth, In Flames, Nightwish, Disturbed, Coheed and Cambria, Motörhead and many more on this weekend.

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
SEANCD2005
Jun 9 2008, 08:21 PM
Thats awsome

+Quote Post
JuanMV
Jun 10 2008, 03:26 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jun 9 2008, 04:20 PM) *
WHAT A SHOW! UNBELIEVEABLE!

I was really close to the stage right behind the moshpit. Metallica brought their own centre screen and tons of pyros and they played the best show I've seen in my live. You guys can not imagine 85.000 people singing ''Nothing Else Matters'' along with Hetfield, the audience was louder than him! The whole show was a rollercoaster ride of emotions from moshing to ''Creeping Death'' or ''Whiplash'' to singing ''Fade to Black''. They had pillars of fire on each side of the stage that lit up for ''enter sandman'' and reached higher than the stage, they had hundreds of gunshots and explosions for ''One''. It was a perfect setlist with a flawless performance and a lifetime experience for me...

...by the way I also saw Rage against The Machine, Opeth, In Flames, Nightwish, Disturbed, Coheed and Cambria, Motörhead and many more on this weekend.

Zakk.... YOU LUCKY BASTARD! biggrin.gif Thanks for the chronicle man...

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Jun 10 2008, 05:04 PM
Instructor
I have to see Metallica or I'll go crazy!!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Jun 10 2008, 05:09 PM
WOW that's awesome

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
TwistedSun
Jun 10 2008, 09:01 PM
QUOTE (Danilo Capezzuto @ Jun 10 2008, 11:04 AM) *
I have to see Metallica or I'll go crazy!!

You and me both man, they don't come round my place at all (Canada).

This post has been edited by TwistedSun: Jun 10 2008, 09:02 PM

--------------------
Starting Gear: Epiphone Limited 50th Anniversary SG, Line 6 Spider II 75watt combo amp.
New Gear: Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR, Engl Powerball 100w, Engl Pro 4x12, Z-5 Footswitch

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:41 PM