Which Lessons Would You Recommand Me?
Ein Rick
Jul 15 2009, 04:55 AM
GMC:er
Hi Guys,

I have been keep playing has a hobby, but not seriously for the last 5-6 years. I just started playing in a new band which is great, but I wish I could improve my guitar playing which is why I have joined guitarmasterclass. The site is great, I have learn lots of stuff, but I still feel I am getting back to my old boring pattern when I play and since I play with a band I would like to bring a new interesting notes and scales. I know all my pentatonic boxes and have experience playing with other musicians.

Here is what I am looking for and can't seem to find.

1) How do I learn which notes goes together? Might be a very stupid questions, but I would like to know which are the notes that I can play when we are jamming let's say in C? What are the other position then the C pentatonic I can play? Any lessons you guys can recommend me?

2) I would like to learn new positions also, like Major, Minor, Dorian, any other suggestions?

Thanks for you help. I really want to improve my live playing, I have good rhythm, but I need more technical knowledge. All suggestions of lessons are welcome.

Eric

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Jul 15 2009, 06:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ein Rick @ Jul 15 2009, 04:55 AM) *
Hi Guys,

I have been keep playing has a hobby, but not seriously for the last 5-6 years. I just started playing in a new band which is great, but I wish I could improve my guitar playing which is why I have joined guitarmasterclass. The site is great, I have learn lots of stuff, but I still feel I am getting back to my old boring pattern when I play and since I play with a band I would like to bring a new interesting notes and scales. I know all my pentatonic boxes and have experience playing with other musicians.

Here is what I am looking for and can't seem to find.

1) How do I learn which notes goes together? Might be a very stupid questions, but I would like to know which are the notes that I can play when we are jamming let's say in C? What are the other position then the C pentatonic I can play? Any lessons you guys can recommend me?

2) I would like to learn new positions also, like Major, Minor, Dorian, any other suggestions?

Thanks for you help. I really want to improve my live playing, I have good rhythm, but I need more technical knowledge. All suggestions of lessons are welcome.

Eric

First, welcome smile.gif

I'll recommend some theory so you'll have a common background to understand the lessons and many more things that we always talk here.

For that purpose here's Andrews board https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...hp?showforum=25
There you'll find plenty of theory lessons well explained.

Also I'd like to recommend two lessons that will help you to know very well the fretboard.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/recogn...ons_101_part_1/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/recogn...ons_101_part_2/

For more technical lessons I recommend just to do a search on the technique that you'd like to learn and I'm sure that it will come up tons of cool lessons from beginners to advanced.

Cheers!

Let us know if you need more help wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Jul 15 2009, 06:58 AM
As Ramiro said, Andrew's board is the best choice to start learning some theory. What I can recommend is not only understand it when reading, pick up the guitar and play what you're understanding, so you'll know what you're playing!.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 15 2009, 12:09 PM
Instructor
Check out these two lessons man, I think this is exactly what you are looking for:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/master...n_caged_method/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/master...string_method_/

let me know if I can assist you with any of them. Cheers

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jul 15 2009, 12:44 PM
Instructor
There are many lessons here that can help you improve your fretboard skills. Search around and see what you like.

Ramiro and Ivan suggested some. If you want to get more into modes then try these if you have time

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-c-major-scale/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/mixoly...k-fusion-licks/

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Jul 15 2009, 07:06 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey Eric, I am Eric, nice to meet you. smile.gif

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
Ein Rick
Jul 20 2009, 03:32 PM
Hey Guys, thanks for the suggestions, I really appreciated.

Thanks Ivan, I already did you pentatonic lessons and it was great, so I will make sure to continue on the caged lesson. Ramiro and Emir, thanks for the suggestions, I will look into it.

Great community, you guys rock... really wink.gif

Eric

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jul 20 2009, 04:04 PM
Instructor
Hi Eric smile.gif ,
for a jazz-oriented phrasing you can also check my Diatonic Improvisation lesson and some easier lessons on the series to build your knowledge.

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 20 2009, 04:07 PM
Instructor
David Walimann has some great lessons covering modes,
you might wanna check out those as well.
Or simply type any mode/scale you need in lesson search field
and run for all! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:04 PM