Psychedelic
Rammikin
Jan 4 2016, 02:59 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Here's my latest song/video for my cyber industrial project. The video inspired a psychedelic feel to the track so I mixed the solo a little low to keep with that theme. Gear: Ibanez S770 and AxeFXII. And Omnisphere and Trilian of course smile.gif. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

https://vimeo.com/channels/somewheretohide/150356799

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 5 2016, 02:02 PM
Instructor
Another great piece of music! Great job mate. I like the synth sounds that you've used on this one. And again, those 3d videos are killer. Have you though on sharing this stuff also at youtube?

What can you tell me about Omnisphere? What kind of sounds does it include?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jan 6 2016, 04:13 AM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 5 2016, 01:02 PM) *
Another great piece of music! Great job mate. I like the synth sounds that you've used on this one. And again, those 3d videos are killer. Have you though on sharing this stuff also at youtube?

That's a difficult issue. The quality of both video and audio is so much lower on YouTube than on Vimeo. So it would pain me to see the video suffer, but if I want to get this to a broad audience I'll have to use YouTube somehow. If anybody has any suggestions on how to deal with this issue, let me know.

What can you tell me about Omnisphere? What kind of sounds does it include?

Omnisphere is quite a powerful and flexible synthesizer and you'll find it used in a variety of genres. It's an essential instrument for almost any kind of EDM, you hear it all the time in pop music, and it's also popular in rock (Steve Vai uses Omnisphere ). But it's especially popular in film scores. If you've seen any movies in recent years, you have heard omnisphere. The recent James Bond movie, Spectre, makes especially good use of omnisphere.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 6 2016, 01:56 PM
Instructor
Interesting! I'll check if there is a free trial version to give it a try. I'm always looking for new stuff to expand my sound library.

About using youtube, I think that there are more pros than cons by sharing it there. You can use HD resolution, and suggest at the beginning of the video to set quality to HD, and even include a link to your vimeo channel to invite people to watch the videos with a better quality. The pros is that you have much more potential fans for your music using youtube, you can invest money on diffusion and you could monetize your videos and generate some income too.

This ARTICLE has some cool info.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jan 6 2016, 03:17 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Sorry, there's no demo version of Omnisphere. We've considered offering one, but the sounds that come with it are so varied and the sample library is so large that a demo version is impractical, so we decided not to. But you can try it at most music stores and there are many videos and demo tracks online that demonstrate what can be done with it.

This post has been edited by Rammikin: Jan 6 2016, 03:33 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:39 AM