2 Pages V   1 2 >  
When Was The Last Time You Actually Bought A Physical Copy Of A Music-cd ?
When Was The Last Time You Actually Bought A Physical Copy Of A Music-cd ?
When was the last time you actually bought a physical copy of a music-CD?
7 days ago [ 5 ] ** [18.52%]
14 days ago [ 2 ] ** [7.41%]
30 days ago [ 7 ] ** [25.93%]
90 days ago [ 3 ] ** [11.11%]
6 months ago [ 2 ] ** [7.41%]
1 year ago [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Heck, I don't remember !! [ 8 ] ** [29.63%]
Total Votes: 27
Guests cannot vote 
VilleFIN
May 28 2013, 06:18 PM
Tone Seeker
I just pre-ordered (and paid) Children of Bodom's new album. Also I'll get a t-shirt, dvd and a poster. Really didn't need all of those but the package with only cd+t-shirt was sold out. And it was only 2 euros expensive !!

So I was thinking I don't even remember the last time I bought a cd !! Or who the artist was ??

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by WeePee: May 28 2013, 06:24 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 28 2013, 06:43 PM
GMC:er
I bought Mor ve Ötesi - Gunesi beklerken album few weeks ago. They are a pretty good Turkish rock band, some might remember from eurovision.

No crazy solo's or anything but the production quality is really good since their previous 2-3 albums. Its nice to have some sound references from music you like if you're into recording.

MP3 really sucks the life out of tone, one can notice if their sound system is decent.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: May 28 2013, 06:44 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 28 2013, 08:02 PM
i bought two today.

+Quote Post
BTrian
May 28 2013, 08:14 PM
Learning Roadie
I bought this like a month ago as a birthday present

album artwork and text is still one of the main reasons for me still buying physical copies, it's just not the same only having digital images.

main disadvantage is the price though smile.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
May 28 2013, 11:13 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

I bought 6 cds this week (all Rush albums). I usually buy 10 CD/records a month.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
May 29 2013, 09:39 AM
Yesterday!
But there's no such option in this poll! mellow.gif
I hope that point of this poll is to prove that cd industry isn't dying.
DEATH to DOWNLOADING MUSIC - IT KILLS TRUE METAL.
cool.gif

+Quote Post
Blister
May 29 2013, 01:18 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
My understanding is that digital downloads are not transferrable. Meaning, when I die or no longer want the music I have purchased, I can't give my digital purchases to my kids or anyone ... "legally speaking".

Also, I do like having the physical CD in my hand with the liner notes. I feel this way I am supporting the artist.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 29 2013, 02:07 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Blister @ May 29 2013, 02:18 PM) *
My understanding is that digital downloads are not transferrable. Meaning, when I die or no longer want the music I have purchased, I can't give my digital purchases to my kids or anyone ... "legally speaking".

This is a very interesting point I have never though about!
This is a big downside that probably gets overlooked. I never though about it but it makes sense. If this is legally true then its a bit weird as you do buy downloads just like regular CDs.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 29 2013, 02:07 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I think the last CD I bought was Parkway Drive's new album. I'll be picking up Halo of Blood by Children of Bodom this summer laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 29 2013, 03:11 PM
Instructor
I received many CDs from bands that play with Cirse lately but I haven't bought a CD for more than 1 year... as I usually listen to music in my cellphone or computer I find digital copies more comfortable. However I miss the art work. That makes cds so special.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
May 29 2013, 05:03 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 29 2013, 04:11 PM) *
I received many CDs from bands that play with Cirse lately but I haven't bought a CD for more than 1 year... as I usually listen to music in my cellphone or computer I find digital copies more comfortable. However I miss the art work. That makes cds so special.

U haven't bought a cd for more than a year?

WOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAH

tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Headbanger
May 29 2013, 05:26 PM
Soon the World will be like... "When did you last eat a real meal?"....Example Answer: "Oh about 10 years ago...I always have a digital energy pack at the beginning of each decade..it saves so much time...and washing up dishes...Jeez do you remember when people actually left their houses? Lol!!"

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 29 2013, 06:26 PM
QUOTE (Headbanger @ May 29 2013, 09:26 AM) *
Soon the World will be like... "When did you last eat a real meal?"....Example Answer: "Oh about 10 years ago...I always have a digital energy pack at the beginning of each decade..it saves so much time...and washing up dishes...Jeez do you remember when people actually left their houses? Lol!!"

I know you're being sort of tongue in cheek but man I LOVE physically shopping for music (Thank god L.A. still has a bunch of record/CD stores). I dig hanging out with all the other people shopping for music. Those folks actually give a shit about music.

*Disclaimer: short rant ahead ...
Unless you're listening to a lossless audio format (FLAC, AIFF, etc.) through a good audio amplifier and through good speakers ... you're missing a lot of the music. At least listen through your DAW and decent set of monitors or good headphones.
I love my mp3 players, itunes, etc. but that's all just for reference. When I want to actually 'hear' something I put it on the stereo or listen in my car.

This post has been edited by klasaine: May 29 2013, 06:27 PM

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
May 29 2013, 07:05 PM
I have not bought a cd for a very long time. I prefer downloading music from itunes onto my iPhone as thats where I listen to my music most of the time. I find this easier and quicker as it skips the step of putting the cd onto my computer then updating my iPhone.

When I was younger I used too buy cds all the time and love having a large collection.Now I hate clutter and space taking up.

+Quote Post
bleez
May 29 2013, 10:23 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
last cd I bought was ... today biggrin.gif
I do prefer to have the cd but sometimes the stuff I like is only on import and can be a lot more expensive than the digital version, in those cases I just go with the download.
I like when you buy a cd online and get an immediate digital download with it, everything should be like that smile.gif

there's this one cd I'd like to buy but to get a physical copy, including shipping will cost around 13 uk pounds..... I can get the digital download off amazon for 2.49. now, in this case I might just get the CD but usually I'd just get it on digital.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
May 29 2013, 10:44 PM
I buy real CDs way more often now that I'm working and have a disposable income. Since I have the money, I'd like to help support my favourite bands.

My most recent purchase was The Winery Dogs debut CD (featuring Richie Kotzen, Billy Sheehan and Mike Portnoy, if you haven't heard!), and before that was Killswitch Engage's latest album Disarm the Descent.

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!

+Quote Post
waynedcoville
May 30 2013, 03:43 AM
the last two albums i bought in CD form were Opeth's Heritage and Ghost's Opus Eponymous after Christmas last year when I was given money

This post has been edited by waynedcoville: May 30 2013, 03:45 AM

--------------------
Carvin 6 string bass (walnut neck and body w/burl maple top)
Carvin 5 string AE fretless bass(mahogany neck and body w/ quilt maple top)
Dean 8 string bass
Danelectro BassVI
Washburn 5 string acoustic bass
Hartke HA3500 w/ 4-10x1-15
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Zoom B9.1ut / Crybaby
Monster cables

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 30 2013, 05:58 AM
I bought the new FEARED Mega Bundle thing mostly to get the drum midi Ola uses. He programs great metal beats smile.gif But WOW is was not cheap!!! about $65 U.S. for the cd, bonus content disc, etc. I know its available on the web to bootleg, but I have emailed the guy in the past about using his midi and he was really cool so I don't mind paying for it.

I bought the VERMIFORM cd that I played a guest solo on as well smile.gif It's a very good disc of tunes. I was suprised how groovey/heavy it was. Great stuff!

Todd

+Quote Post
deeaa
May 31 2013, 07:44 AM
I bought a compilation CD by a folk artist, because it had a couple of songs on it I recorded and produced for him back in the day...but aside from that, I suppose it's been years.

I get free CD's from my friend's bands anyway now and then, and i don't have the time to listen to CD's most of the time, so it's pretty much good quality internet radio over cellphone for me, or Spotify, or MP3's from my collection. I keep ~64 gigs of 320 mp3's in the car, rotating the contents now and then.

But yeah, paying for music and movies etc. has been passe for me for years already. Instead, I pay some monthly fees like Spotify, Netflix and such. And use free services of course.

I used to have a collection of around 1000 CD's, most of which I tried to give away without success and then trashed most of it, same with DVD's, had hundreds of those as well...managed to give away maybe half of them, trashed the rest. Absolutely no sense in keeping all that clutter when you have the stuff available not only on all your computers also the Internet much quicker and easier than it'd take to open a CD and load it in a player.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 1 2013, 03:32 PM
I would say, in general, I probably buy at least 3 CD's per week.

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 01:01 AM