A Question About A Different Tuning
Ctodd
May 30 2008, 01:12 AM
GMC:er
ok so I've been working on this song of mine, and not to long ago i experimented and tuned the B string up to D and the high E string (1st string i believe some may call it) to F#. I did this because it made the the movements of my left hand much more simple ( I also feel that it opened many new doors as far as what i can do with the melody, but anyway)

my question is... is it bad for the guitar to leave tuned as such?

I did a little research, and when the guitar is in standard tuning the tension is close enough to being uniform.

I'm a little worried that as time goes on, the uneven tension is going to warp the neck.

has anyone else ever tried a weird tuning like this???

and should I be worried about the health of my guitar?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 30 2008, 12:23 PM
Instructor
If it is a quality made guitar and the neck wood is good and had time to settle - then no worries. You should use any tuning that you find the most easiest to play with - why playing some odd stretches when you don't have to.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:35 PM