> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

28 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Elhombre's Axe Laboratory
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 12 2012, 09:01 AM
Instructor
Erik, of course I can help you - the only thing that will make the difference is you being consistent and not wanting to skip from here to there all the time. Variation is a great thing but it gets just like taking a bite out of the roast and immediately wanting ice cream, without finishing the roast and understanding its taste.. smile.gif Do you dig, mate? wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 12 2012, 02:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes, lets start building a schedule. Well maybe we should not think som much about time, more getting things done. Time is not a problem for me.

Well right know I got your tasks, teatchers tasks, alex tasks. Excercises
Im learning jazz by my own, and a few songs, I can give you exact info of what im learning but lets start from here.
Rythm is something that I should include in my schedule.

Alex is learning my fusion, and you are learning my theory, and rythm I think also you could help me with.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 12 2012, 06:27 PM
Instructor
Alrigthie, we'll stick to theory and rhtyhm!

For theory, I was curious if you are acquainted with the Circle of 5ths? smile.gif

For rhythm - I will think up a series of lessons emphasizing on important rhythm aspects and present them to you - I would like to have full tempo recordings of each and every one, so that I will make sure you got them under your thumb! smile.gif

Deal, Hombre?? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 12 2012, 08:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
Maybe not so easy with mentoring many people, but yes I am familiar with the circle of fifths smile.gif I did theory at young age, and way back in the thread you helped me refresh my memory smile.gif

So we went on to arpeggios remember smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 14 2012, 05:05 PM
Instructor
Well, since you want to focus on rhythm, let's see...

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/heavy-...ressive-rhythm/ - this one will prove worthy of tackling if you want to play more prog oriented stuff as I know you like smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Progressive-Metal-Heat/ This one as well, only more with a modern twist biggrin.gif

What say you? Is 2 weeks enough for these two to have a solid take from you? smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 16 2012, 11:59 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sounds nice smile.gif got my ESP in drop C right now smile.gif
Learning "remarcoble" by marco, bought the album today, a lot harder to play than I thought that song smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 17 2012, 02:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Nov 16 2012, 10:59 PM) *
Sounds nice smile.gif got my ESP in drop C right now smile.gif
Learning "remarcoble" by marco, bought the album today, a lot harder to play than I thought that song smile.gif

Wuahahaha biggrin.gif That tune is mean!! The riff in the beginning (if I am not mistaken) is uber difficult! Well mate, on November 28th we should have these two ready, if it's ok with you, but in the mean time, please go through them and it would be great if you could send some 75% speed recordings first hand smile.gif Deal?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 17 2012, 10:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
Im not a riff guy (since thats what I want to improve) smile.gif more the lead type.
But that riff seems doable to me, altough I wont be able to learn it in a day as I thought haha (It sounded so easy on the record)

Now I have a string question:
What I want, strings that can be used for both drop C and standard tuning.
Well I know you should use kind of thick special strings for drop tuning.

But 0.11 will do with both standard and drop C tuning right?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 18 2012, 02:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Nov 17 2012, 09:51 PM) *
Im not a riff guy (since thats what I want to improve) smile.gif more the lead type.
But that riff seems doable to me, altough I wont be able to learn it in a day as I thought haha (It sounded so easy on the record)

Now I have a string question:
What I want, strings that can be used for both drop C and standard tuning.
Well I know you should use kind of thick special strings for drop tuning.

But 0.11 will do with both standard and drop C tuning right?

Hey mate - as I said, TAKE IT EASYYYYYY biggrin.gif Do not rush smile.gif Understand what's being played and then slowly reproduce having all the details at hand! Have you ever heard about Zanshin?

Regarding the strings... hmmm, 11s could work but they'll be a bit tight on the standard and your fingers as well smile.gif Tried it myself!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 18 2012, 02:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
Since I like to have my guitar in drop C is it possible to trade Max drop B lesson for a similar lesson? You have done many drop C:s right?
Also Im using amazing slowdowner sometimes to play along instead of a metronome smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 18 2012, 02:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Nov 18 2012, 01:46 PM) *
Since I like to have my guitar in drop C is it possible to trade Max drop B lesson for a similar lesson? You have done many drop C:s right?
Also Im using amazing slowdowner sometimes to play along instead of a metronome smile.gif

Oh, alright - I think you can have a go at Metal Metrics 4 to begin with smile.gif That's drop C and fairly doable smile.gif What say you?

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 18 2012, 03:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes I will go for that one smile.gif
Btw at 80 % speed on remarcoble riff smile.gif
But I just cant do the 3rd variation of the riff, have to practice it a bit more slowly smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 18 2012, 03:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Nov 18 2012, 02:18 PM) *
Yes I will go for that one smile.gif
Btw at 80 % speed on remarcoble riff smile.gif
But I just cant do the 3rd variation of the riff, have to practice it a bit more slowly smile.gif

Good news mate! Keep it up biggrin.gif And looking forward to see vids from ya biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 21 2012, 01:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
Think I might give you a recording of Metal metrics and Wallmans lesson this weekend, going well smile.gif
Also I just managed to play the remarcoble riff att 100 %, altough I could only pull it off at that speed once haha smile.gif
So have to go back to 90-95 % a couple of more days smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 22 2012, 10:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Nov 21 2012, 12:26 PM) *
Think I might give you a recording of Metal metrics and Wallmans lesson this weekend, going well smile.gif
Also I just managed to play the remarcoble riff att 100 %, altough I could only pull it off at that speed once haha smile.gif
So have to go back to 90-95 % a couple of more days smile.gif

Hehe biggrin.gif Alright mate! Actually, I am very curious about your takes! Especially the Remarcoble one biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 26 2012, 06:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
I put on 0.11 strings, cleaned up the fretboard and did a little service smile.gif look nice, but playing whise strings feels hard and thick.
And i get an harmonic sound on the g string, when its not played, so a little dissappointed sad.gif

Nothing is going so well at the moment thanks to the guitar.
I always get an issue after I do my home service hehe..

But I will try to get som decent records, I was going to show you some remarcoble riffing today, but I will spare your ears that pain cosmin, the whole record gets an disturbing harmonic all the way.

And my playing was not good either

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 27 2012, 09:37 AM
Instructor
Hey Erik, try to relax a bit mate. I deduce that the string buzz may occur due to the fact that the strings are more tensioned now and the guitar was not setup for this sort of gauge, initially. I recommend you to take it to a tech to set it up, otherwise, frustration will get the best of you.

When the guitar is properly set up, your playing will also improve because you will be motivated. Bad sound or bad response from your instrument can bring you down... sad.gif

The faster you solve the issue, the better!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 27 2012, 09:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
Taking your guitar the tech in sweden equals taking your car to the mechanic wink.gif

Do you have a clue cosmin? what happens when you change to a thicker stringe gauge.
I want to try to lift the string height

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 27 2012, 09:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Nov 27 2012, 08:46 PM) *
Taking your guitar the tech in sweden equals taking your car to the mechanic wink.gif

Do you have a clue cosmin? what happens when you change to a thicker stringe gauge.
I want to try to lift the string height

Mate, I never tweaked stuff like that sad.gif I always take it to the tech.. But why not post in the forum? Surely Sensible Jones can help out - he is a tech biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 30 2012, 09:20 AM
Learning Rock Star
The guitar Dont stop Me from learning tough.
But i will mainly work on my new song now.

Its good to focus on creating something on your own and assemble what
you learned.

But as soon as i fix the guitar i Will record the lessons smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:06 AM