2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Boss Gt-10 Multi Effect Pedal, Wow..That's not long ago since GT-8
SamJ
May 3 2008, 01:23 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (fused @ Apr 3 2008, 12:33 PM) *
The key to getting a great sound out of any modeler, in my opinion of course, is to run them in stereo. They do sound bad, lifeless etc, if run mono.

I own the GT8 and I love the sounds that I can pull from it. I'm not so sure that one more pedal and a longer loop is going to justify moving up. USB doesn't matter to me as I record into a Korg D3200 workstation.

Now if the GT10 sounds noticably better...that would be another story. I may have to test drive one now...

As for live, absolutely. I run it into a mixing board, Crown Power amp and out to custom cabs housing JBL E130s...in stereo....AWESOME!

As for Boss, I've been running Boss pedals since 1980.... I've never had one let me down.... I've had tons of other pedals fail on me...some on stage... Never a Boss though...

How exactly do you run a multi-effects pedal in stereo? Do you need two amps for it or can you do it with just one?

Thanks. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
May 3 2008, 01:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sam Hook @ May 3 2008, 02:23 PM) *
How exactly do you run a multi-effects pedal in stereo? Do you need two amps for it or can you do it with just one?

Thanks. smile.gif

Basically, you just need an amp or a pre-amp with stereo FX-loop

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: May 3 2008, 01:53 PM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Karl-ss
Mar 7 2010, 05:22 PM
GMC:er
All i have to say is.. Nommie! I love that thing!

--------------------
METAL UP YOURS!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:49 AM