New Song And Video
Rammikin
Jan 18 2017, 03:30 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Here's another in my series of cyber-industrial songs accompanied by a video animation. This one is a bit of an experiment to see how big I can make guitars sound, so any feedback you could provide about the mix or performance or composition would be greatly appreciated. The animation is 3D fractals and took me about 3 weeks to render. (Before Todd asks, yes, I am putting trailers for these videos on youtube now smile.gif). You can follow me on facebook (link below) if you'd like to follow the progress on this project.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 18 2017, 03:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
As always I'm impressed with your work smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Wyverex
Jan 18 2017, 07:05 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Great work! I especially love that fractal world.

One thing I noticed is that once the heavy guitars set in, the flute-like melody gets lost somewhat. It sounds kind of brittle like it doesn't belong there anymore together with that heavy riffing. At least to my ears. I hope you understand what I mean smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 18 2017, 09:13 PM
Nice mate, I like the flute in the heavy bits, sorry Wyverex wink.gif

I get a lot of popping at the beginning, like when my soundcard is overloaded, is that intentional? I don't get it on any other video of yours.

Keep up the good work smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jan 18 2017, 11:32 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Thanks! I'll try some different things with the flute. Yes, the scratchy noise is part of the industrial vibe smile.gif. Does the mix sound ok? Trying to keep all the sounds balanced with the bass is a challenge on this one.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 20 2017, 12:39 AM
GMC:er
Great to see you including youtube wink.gif Great vid! Interesting song but is that noise thing (almost like several tracks are slightly overdriven to clipping) on purpose or not? I get that industrial music using noise bits, but that's the one thing that took away from it for me. I couldn't tell if it was my playback system or what.

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jan 20 2017, 04:35 AM
Experienced Rock Star
When you're right, you're right. I uploaded a new version with a new mix to remove those scratchy sounds, and brought down the flute sound when the guitars come in, and made the solo more ornamented. It's now less industrial and more post-rock. Thanks for the feedback!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 20 2017, 09:22 PM
Sounds great now. I agree with Todd, it sounded like clipping or like you sometimes get when you have too many things open in your system and you record your guitar part, kinda like a helicopter going over.

Spot on now though wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 21 2017, 03:31 PM
GMC:er
There is an entire style called "noise rock" that makes use of rock and noise based industrial type elements, but I've never personally been able to stomach any of it as it always just sounds like a poor quality audio engineer was at the helm. Then again some folks love it smile.gif I like your new version better personally smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Rammikin @ Jan 19 2017, 11:35 PM) *
When you're right, you're right. I uploaded a new version with a new mix to remove those scratchy sounds, and brought down the flute sound when the guitars come in, and made the solo more ornamented. It's now less industrial and more post-rock. Thanks for the feedback!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 21 2017, 07:06 PM
Instructor
Wou mate! Your music and videos take me to a new world! It's awesome how good the music and images go together. I love it.

In order to add some more useful feedback. I think that the heavy parts of this one could be polished. At first, I think that your playing could be tighter when playing the heavy riffs. When doubling riffs, it's very important to play extremely tight to make the overall sound more powerful.

Then, regarding sound and mix, I also think that the heavy parts could be better. The drums are lost in the mix, I think that the room channel or maybe reverb is too loud, and that there is room to adjust the EQ of your kick and Snare. Guitar tone also needs some tweaking to sound clearer and more defined. I would try with compression and a bit less distortion (besides the tighter playing).

Again, this is totally awesome, and the fact that you are writing your own music at this level is brilliant. Please take these comments in a positive way to keep on growing as musician.

Congrats! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jan 21 2017, 07:57 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Thanks Gabe, I think you're right. I'm on it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:07 AM