13 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Victor's Bootcamp, Fell Deeds Awake! Now for Wrath!! Now for Ruin!!
Todd Simpson
Jul 23 2020, 05:21 AM
GMC:er
REC is always graded very tough so make sure your ready! You've been doing great here in BOOTCAMP. keep it up!!! I look forward to seeing your next take Soldier!!

Sarge

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Jul 22 2020, 03:58 PM) *
Here you are referring to Tightness Etude from what I can say.

And also I am practicing Alternate Picking #7 and hope to be able to enter rec zone with it and get a good grade.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Jul 23 2020, 07:33 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

Here is Lesson 24 - Building Left Hand Strength

I listened carefully to my playing and I think that a few spots were not perfectly on time, but most of them were on time.
What do you think should I level up?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 23 2020, 09:51 PM
You got this one Soldier!! It's a tricky bit of playing but you have sorted it! This is a great warm up lick and also makes a pretty fun solo lick as well. This is a "Shred" lick so it's built for speed. The more you play it, the faster it will get. You are off to a good start here and have good precision. It's just a matter of repetition now to get speeeeeeed!

LET'S DEBRIEF!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

PICK AND HAMMER ON: The "Pick and Hammer On" is a crucial technique for speed. It lets you play a top speed without having to pick every single note. You only have to pick one of every 3 notes which can really streamline a given lick.

MUTE OF DEATH:
Very solid palm muting on this one. Your mute keeps getting better each time so keep it up! On a lick like this, muting is extra important as it can trick the ear of the listener in to hearing pick strikes even when they are not there. If you keep a solid palm mute, and hammer on with the left hand, especially on the low strings, it can sound very percussive.

TIMING: Very tight and very evenly played. This is a long lick so it's got plenty of rope for you to hang yourself if you get off pace. Not to worry here as you stay on pace the entire time.

You got this one Soldier! Put it in your bag of tricks and go for the next one, you just..
LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Jul 23 2020, 02:33 PM) *
Hi,

Here is Lesson 24 - Building Left Hand Strength

I listened carefully to my playing and I think that a few spots were not perfectly on time, but most of them were on time.
What do you think should I level up?

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Jul 30 2020, 08:37 PM
Learning Roadie
The link I provided for Tightness Etude in one of my previous posts it's not working anymore.
I thought it was removed.

This post has been edited by Victor Simion: Jul 30 2020, 08:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 31 2020, 05:30 AM
Any links you want to share about any of your playing I'd be happy to watch and give you some feedback on smile.gif

Sarge

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Jul 30 2020, 03:37 PM) *
The link I provided for Tightness Etude in one of my previous posts it's not working anymore.
I thought it was removed.

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Jul 31 2020, 08:06 PM
Learning Roadie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lI__Rxy5j8...eature=youtu.be

Playing at:

- 100 BPM
- 112 BPM
- 125 BPM

In the slower speeds takes, (100BPM and 112BPM) I think I missed a few notes.
The Speed 125 BPM is beyond my max speed so I kept the part were I think I played it best, and removed the others.
So let me know what you think is my playing at 125 BPM.

This post has been edited by Victor Simion: Jul 31 2020, 08:06 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 1 2020, 05:13 PM
Impressive!! You only missed one note in the second time through. The first time is very solid. The third time is pretty solid as well. This lick is much harder when picking every note, but it's meant to work up your synch. When used in a solo, you might only pick one of every three notes and just mute the entire thing to make it sound like they are all picked.

However, one thing you didn't do here was embed the video. Which is fine if this was just a preview but it's good enough for a MISSION VIDEO IMHO as there is a good take a both speeds so I'd say embed it and get ready for a debrief!!

Sarge

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Jul 31 2020, 03:06 PM) *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lI__Rxy5j8...eature=youtu.be

Playing at:

- 100 BPM
- 112 BPM
- 125 BPM

In the slower speeds takes, (100BPM and 112BPM) I think I missed a few notes.
The Speed 125 BPM is beyond my max speed so I kept the part were I think I played it best, and removed the others.
So let me know what you think is my playing at 125 BPM.

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Aug 1 2020, 07:36 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 1 2020, 04:13 PM) *
Impressive!! You only missed one note in the second time through. The first time is very solid. The third time is pretty solid as well. This lick is much harder when picking every note, but it's meant to work up your synch. When used in a solo, you might only pick one of every three notes and just mute the entire thing to make it sound like they are all picked.

However, one thing you didn't do here was embed the video. Which is fine if this was just a preview but it's good enough for a MISSION VIDEO IMHO as there is a good take a both speeds so I'd say embed it and get ready for a debrief!!

Sarge

I tried to embed it the first time yesterday, but got an error that is why I went for the link only.

This post has been edited by Victor Simion: Aug 1 2020, 07:39 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 2 2020, 01:04 AM
Well Fought Soldier!! This has a LOT of notes in it and it's played quite briskly. This is yet another "shred" lick that sounds best when played fast. You have two really good takes here. There is one bad note in the second take but the third take works. This is impressive playing Soldier. Your fingers are starting to find their groove and get comfortable playing briskly! Let's Debrief!

MEDALS OF HONOR

PACING You do a great job of pick control on this one. Steady pace and even playing. Nice!!

NO MUTE NO DEAL:
Very clean palm mute per usual as I've come to expect. Without a good mute, fast playing just becomes a blur without detail so a mute is crucial.

BACK AND FORTH
Back and Forth like a champ! This lick has bits of Paul Gilbert and Yngwie in it and you krushed it!

You just..

LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image
Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Aug 1 2020, 02:36 PM) *

I tried to embed it the first time yesterday, but got an error that is why I went for the link only.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 2 2020, 01:10 AM

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Aug 10 2020, 05:49 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

Here is lesson 26

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 12 2020, 04:34 AM
Impressive work Soldier!! This is NOT an easy one. It has a LOT of string traverse and requires precise picking and very tight hand synch. You are now in the deep end of the swimming pool. Let's debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

PLANTED LIKE A TREE: Your palm mute has really improved. NICE!

TRAVERSE FOR THE WIN Traverse is just plain difficult for many a Soldier. Traverse of course, just talking about moving from one string to another. Once you get this, it can be leveraged in to so many other things.

PACE WINS THE RACE:
Even handed timing and synch. Not rushing or dragging, just right.

you krushed this one Soldier!

You just

LEVLED UP!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

Onward!

Sarge

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Aug 10 2020, 12:49 PM) *
Hi,

Here is lesson 26

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 12 2020, 04:37 AM

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Aug 12 2020, 06:38 PM
Learning Roadie
In this Lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...%9D_-_Lesson_27

I don't see any economy picking, only alternate picking.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 13 2020, 11:11 PM
Good Eye!! I trimmed this lesson back as the other examples that used to be in it were starting to confuse people so I chopped it down to size. I also just now removed econ from the Title of the Mission. it's just the one lick and it's a shred lick. This is your chance to see how fast you can play it!

Also, I'm re doing the guitar pro file as I noticed it didn't have any pick notation or palm mute notation. Here is the new version!
Attached File  Lessson27.gp5 ( 1.67K ) Number of downloads: 408

Attached Image

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Aug 12 2020, 01:38 PM) *
In this Lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...%9D_-_Lesson_27

I don't see any economy picking, only alternate picking.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 15 2020, 11:16 PM

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Aug 14 2020, 03:53 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 13 2020, 10:11 PM) *
Good Eye!! I trimmed this lesson back as the other examples that used to be in it were starting to confuse people so I chopped it down to size. I also just now removed econ from the Title of the Mission. it's just the one lick and it's a shred lick. This is your chance to see how fast you can play it!

Also, I'm re doing the guitar pro file as I noticed it didn't have any pick notation or palm mute notation. Here is the new version!

[attachment=50594:Lessson27.gp5]

[attachment=50595:Lessson27_1.png]
Sarge

But I don't think the lick should start with an upstroke.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 14 2020, 09:33 PM
Good eye Soldier!! it should NOT start with an upstroke. Should be a DOWN stroke. Of course, you can start it with an upstroke to reverse all the strikes if you want, but yes. It should be a down stroke to start. Updating the files!!!

Sarge

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Aug 14 2020, 10:53 AM) *
But I don't think the lick should start with an upstroke.

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Aug 15 2020, 10:43 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 14 2020, 08:33 PM) *
Good eye Soldier!! it should NOT start with an upstroke. Should be a DOWN stroke. Of course, you can start it with an upstroke to reverse all the strikes if you want, but yes. It should be a down stroke to start. Updating the files!!!

Sarge

Still the lick it's different from the lesson.

And the lick feels a bit unnatural if you repeat in the middle "10-12-10-12" on the second string.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 15 2020, 11:07 PM
Could be me trying to fix it without a guitar in my hands. One second. I'll sort this. Yup. I'm trying to use a different riff here and it's not what is left in MISSION 27 as it stands. Good eye again. It's one of the licks I removed as it was confusing folks. I left in the one in the original link. I'll do a new version of that. Sorry or the confusion Soldier!!

There. It should finally be fixed. Thanks for your patience Soldier. Moving too quickly can easily lead to mistakes. After the first few notes I thought I knew which lick this was. I should have read all the notes.

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Aug 15 2020, 05:43 AM) *
Still the lick it's different from the lesson.

And the lick feels a bit unnatural if you repeat in the middle "10-12-10-12" on the second string.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 15 2020, 11:17 PM

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Aug 17 2020, 04:05 PM
Learning Roadie
I think I played guitar a bit too much because I started to feel a little tension near the elbow.

I played almost for 4 hours, but intense playing like near my max speed with little to no breaks.

And I had this tension in my left hand and just a little pain.
This has happened to my for a few consecutive days for the first time.

I don't know if I should worry.
Maybe I should take a break for a few days.

How much is too much?

This post has been edited by Victor Simion: Aug 17 2020, 04:06 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 17 2020, 11:51 PM
In general, if you feel pain, STOP PLAYING

If you feel tightness, outside of what is normal, take a break and do some stretches. When playing at or near top speed, it's instinctual to tense up a bit Part of what I'm big on teaching is that one can over ride the instinct and stay loose, even when playing at high speed Actually, the tension holds back speed and learning to play while relaxed can get you over the hump in to new territory in terms of speed/precision.

I have a couple of stretches that I always do BEFORE i play a single note. These are simple warm up stretches that can help you to get the blood flowing, before you start playing. Give this a quick watch. I'd say try these before and after you play until the tension goes away. After that, I'd still say do them before you play from now until you part from this earth.

These are just a couple to start with. There are tons of videos about guitar stretching on youtube. Same rules apply for stretching as playing. If it hurts, stop doing it.

Take a litttle break playing, maybe for a few days, and focus on stretching. Drink plenty of water, don't over exert yourself. That feeling of tightness should go away in a couple of days or so, and you can get back to the FRONT!!
Sarge

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Aug 17 2020, 11:05 AM) *
I think I played guitar a bit too much because I started to feel a little tension near the elbow.

I played almost for 4 hours, but intense playing like near my max speed with little to no breaks.

And I had this tension in my left hand and just a little pain.
This has happened to my for a few consecutive days for the first time.

I don't know if I should worry.
Maybe I should take a break for a few days.

How much is too much?

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 17 2020, 11:55 PM

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Aug 23 2020, 05:11 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi

Here are all various speeds,

From 70BPM to 140 BPM.
140 BPM is and should be way above my current level of speed.

This post has been edited by Victor Simion: Aug 23 2020, 05:13 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:16 PM