Uneven Amounts Of Notes Per Beat., How the heck do I learn how to play uneven amounts of notes?
GMC_student444
Apr 2 2008, 04:02 PM
GMC:er
I've been checking out different lessons here at GMC and I've realized that I have real problems breaking songs down to slower tempos and playing them with a metronome.

A perfect example is Gabriels lesson RHCP meet Zakk Wylde. The fast part where he plays 7 notes per beat is impossible for me to grasp. Not in a sense that I can't play it even at slow speeds but in the sense that even when slowing it down REAL slow I can't seem to play 7 notes per beat!!!

I dunno what it is but I can't get into my thick skull to think in different terms than always even amount of notes. Triplets are fine, but the transition to 5 notes, 7 notes etc. won't work for me. It's a whole other thing with 2, 4, 6 and 8 notes per beat; 'cuz that's an even number and that works just fine.

Anyone else having this problem? biggrin.gif And how do I learn to play odd amounts of notes?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:04 PM