Hand Health, Keeping a Guitarist hands healthy
GeneT95
Feb 22 2015, 06:18 PM
GMC:er
I came across this video on a guitar forum I frequent and wanted to pass it along to GMC as it is a great place. It is a great video on maneuvers to keep one's hands healthy and potentially treat sore fingers/hands from a physical therapist who happens to be both a guitarist and rock climber. This is just for informational purposes on some techniques to keep ones hands and forearms pain free and in good shape despite the demands we place on them.

One caveat. If you change you playing times, string gauge, etc and you fingers and arms have pain, they're telling you something that you need to listen to else things can get worse. In which case, you need to drop back a little and give them a rest.

Here is the link to YouTube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brPzQdBaSjg...player_embedded

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by GeneT95: Feb 22 2015, 07:25 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 22 2015, 06:35 PM
Instructor
Great video, the guitar world needs more videos like this which are aimed at musicians

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 22 2015, 08:01 PM
GMC:er
Well said!! smile.gif I created a very very short stretch demo video that I have at the start of my lesson notes. He does some of the same ones here. He adds some great ones on top and talks a good deal on very important issues concerning the hand. I'm going to put that vid in my lesson notes today smile.gif

Here is my short, silent version smile.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 22 2015, 01:35 PM) *
Great video, the guitar world needs more videos like this which are aimed at musicians

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 23 2015, 01:37 PM
Instructor
This is a very interesting and helpful topic. Thanks for sharing the video. Our body acts like a car panel, but instead of having lights, we have hurts. We must pay attention to the hurts because our body is trying to say something to use. We must decode it.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:07 PM