Alternate Or Not?, Some TABS and a question about picking
Rien
Apr 19 2015, 09:16 PM
GMC:er
Attached Image
Hello folks! Here's some scale (or lick or riff or how do you actually call a walk down thing like this in English?) that i really love. But i'm having some troubles with it. The course doesn't mention any picking directions. When i use alternate picking and start with a normal down stroke, i end up playing all up strokes for the rest of the lick. And i don't like that too much, it doesn't make it sound the same as the example on the course cd and it doesn't feel very well.
How would you do this? Could you maybe type with an u (up stroke) and a d (down stroke) how you manage this? Considering that the example is played with a very clean electric guitar sound, so no distortion is used.
Thanks a million! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 19 2015, 10:07 PM
GMC Founder
I would play this one with strict alternate picking, except where there is a pull-off, notated as "P". I would probably start with a downstroke, though starting with an upstroke can be a good exercise. So something like this:

Attached Image

Does it make sense?

PS Welcome to GMC ! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rien
Apr 20 2015, 10:07 AM
GMC:er
Oh really! That's a very interesting option Kristofer. Thank you! Gonna try it and let you know.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 20 2015, 10:14 AM
GMC Founder
Cool, looking forward to hear how it works out for you!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:26 PM