> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Ben's Blues, Lesson By Ben Higgins
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Manu RASSE
Oct 3 2018, 10:04 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Original lesson: Ben's Blues by Ben Higgins

Hi GMC,

I learnt this lesson during the holidays of July, 2017.

I abandoned because she was slightly too hard

Since a few weeks I work again,
Today I am ready to deliver it.

It is very difficult to reproduce legendary vibrato of Ben, I gave the best of myself

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MisterM: Oct 3 2018, 10:04 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 3 2018, 03:08 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!

I've just commented this one at the mentoring thread. Keep on the hard work!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 3 2018, 10:48 PM
GMC:er
Well done! You can tell that this piece has worked it's way in to your blood. I can hear that you have run this over and over. It's obvious you have put in serious time on this. Your playing is very good and as a bonus your production is top notch!! We can see both hands, the audio/video is synched, it's well lit, and audio sounds great. Just getting the production techniques is something worthy of note. It helps a lot when we can see the players hands and hear what's going on as well. Super job there!!
Back to the playing, the vibe is good. With blues, the vibe is very important. If it "feels wrong" e.g. feels like you are not connected to the backing, then it just doesn't work. This feels as if you are connected to the backing and very familiar with it. There are a few bits here and there where bending to pitch could use a tweak and such. But over all, taken as a whole I"m impressed. I'd say solid 7 from me!!
Todd

QUOTE (MisterM @ Oct 3 2018, 05:04 AM) *
Original lesson: Ben's Blues by Ben Higgins

Hi GMC,

I learnt this lesson during the holidays of July, 2017.

I abandoned because she was slightly too hard

Since a few weeks I work again,
Today I am ready to deliver it.

It is very difficult to reproduce legendary vibrato of Ben, I gave the best of myself

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 4 2018, 08:05 AM
GMC Founder
Very nice! You have got GMC in your DNA now - this sounds like a cross between Steph Lucarelli and Ben Higgins. Well done emulating Bens vibrato.

To me there is not much room for improvement here considering the original lesson you are emulating.

Some of the legato slurs and picking runs (00:19, 00:25, 00:40) could be a bit more defined. Your sound is slightly squashed dynamics wise - so I would turn down the gain for a more cork sniffing listening experience. wink.gif

Very well done - you get a 9 from me

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 4 2018, 11:58 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:59 AM