Note For Note ?
Ben Higgins
May 10 2012, 04:10 PM
Instructor
Hey fellow disciples of the axe ! I wondered what your thoughts were on replicating other people's solos ?

What I mean is, how important do you think it is for a guitarist to play another guitarist's solo exactly note for note ?

In famous bands, lead guitarists change.. their successor usually sticks close to the solo. Sometimes they put their own voice on it and other times they try and play it almost exactly the same.

It might seem funny asking this question on a site where we have guitar lessons for you to learn note for note ! biggrin.gif However, I'm applying it to playing live, like in a covers band.. or if you were watching a guitarist who has to play somebody else's solos, like in Megadeth, Ozzy etc..

I don't think it's critically important to learn other people's solos note for note. I think you should just take what you want from it and allow your own style to weave it together. I was reading a George lynch interview (yeah, I'm going through a phase..) and he talks about this in the last question

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p?showforum=215

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: May 10 2012, 04:11 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:29 PM