Awesome Guitarist That Deserves Alot Of Respect!, Keith Merrow
Sickz666
Aug 14 2011, 02:35 PM
GMC:er
Sup people! smile.gif

I just wanted to share an artist i think all of you should atleast check out, his music has grown on me alot lately.

His name is Keith Merrow. An instrumental guitarist that writes "Technical instrumental metal" as his site says. smile.gif

Clip of him playing one of his songs : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14Rn09k6DqU...;feature=relmfu

I really recommend him to you that like bands such as Scale the summit and Animals as leaders, 2 great instrumental prog metal bands.

You can download 2 of his albums for free at his website, but you will be able to leave a donation (as i did). smile.gif

Reason i put this up is that i really think that musicians like Keith deserve recognision, so we can have a good future music scen aswell. smile.gif

EDIT: The last solo on the song i linked is played by Jeff Loomis by the way. smile.gif

Cheers!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Sickz666: Aug 14 2011, 02:37 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 14 2011, 07:21 PM
Instructor
I like the composition! The riffing and the feel is dark and powerful. I really enjoyed listening to it so I will check more of his music. Jeff's solo is also killer, he is a demon shredding his guitar.. it funny when Keith adds the phrase "Jeff Loomis Solo, I can't play it".
Thanks for sharing!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 14 2011, 08:16 PM
Instructor
great guitar player for sure, love that 7th string!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Aug 15 2011, 09:07 AM
Experienced Rock Star & Challenge Star
Wow ! I really like this composition. Jeff solo is huge too. I love this man. You can see him play the solo here :

--------------------
�Million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.�
― Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Aug 15 2011, 09:45 AM
Instructor
I agree, excellent playing!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 15 2011, 02:25 PM
GMC:er
Really great playing there. I like pretty much every thing about it. Nice custom guitars too! Some killer 7 strings in his collection. Seems like a nice guy as a bonus!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:27 PM