What Do You Think About 2012?, is there something that will happen?
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 15 2011, 10:15 PM
Instructor
We listen to lots of cataclysm theories, and most are connected with 2012 date. Do you think we have only a year and 4 months for guitar practice before we all disappear in smoke? biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
K1R
Aug 15 2011, 10:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
I don't believe in it smile.gif Come on, they talk about the apocalypse almost every year...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 15 2011, 10:49 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
The event described has happened I think over a million times in Earth's 4.5 billion year history. Since we have nowhere near enough extinctions to coincide with this I am not worried. Plus, if something inevitable was going to happen, and it is indeed out of our hands (as so they claim) then thats that. No need to discuss.

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 15 2011, 10:57 PM
Instructor
But the latest interpretation are : 'till that date is completed one cycle, and starts a new one smile.gif Nothing dramatic wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
K1R
Aug 15 2011, 11:02 PM
Learning Rock Star

--------------------

Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 16 2011, 12:36 AM
Learning Roadie
The end of the world can't be predicted. It's not in our hands. I'm not worried about the end of the world.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 16 2011, 12:53 AM
GMC:er
There is an ancient Chinese curse. "May you live in interesting times." Seems more like a blessing on this side of the rock though? The whole 2012 thing does make for some good creative frameworks, themes, and such. So many cultures have myths/stories that seem to connect with it. Incan, Mayan, Tultec, Hopi Indians, etc. so it allows a lot of cross pollination of various cultural references. So songs/albums/books/movies, have a lot of potential to explore the idea of "The End", so far though I've not been that impressed. Still, as we get closer to time, I think the creative output will raise in pitch and hopefully mean more/better stuff as folks crank out their last tunes before the "End Times" smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 16 2011, 01:10 AM
Instructor
no.. I think that we have less time... ohmy.gif hahha naa.. I don't believe it. I think that in 2012 GMC will became bigger and we will be the kings of the new world... (?) biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 16 2011, 02:56 AM
Learning Tone Master
I heard from someone that the sky is falling

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 16 2011, 07:21 AM
Instructor
just listen the first 20 secs, that's my best answer.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 16 2011, 07:58 AM
GMC:er
Sure, the world will end... *gasp* but you didn't let me finish...
On December 21, 2012, the world will end it's completed life cycle, whether it will change anything is unknown.

However, this might cause more natural disasters, for example volcanoes and earthquakes (which already seem to be increasing). While natural disasters seem as so bad and why would God do this, etc, etc, they are actually part of creation (the land which we live). If you are also wondering about all those deaths, well the human body could be nothing more than a vessel for the soul which lives on. If you believe in evolution, well it's evolution baby. I don't think it would be Judgement Day (where it's believed the souls will rise up to another plane of living on if they decided to let go of their worldly holds/sins), but it could be a wake up call.

We got some snow for the first time since 1970 in Auckland on the 15/08/2011, it was pretty cool, but can anyone say Global Warming? Maybe we'll almost kill ourselves off before we'll even get to that date the way the worlds resources are being depleted and this will some how feed back into the earth some more live to keep going. Almost running out of wood for them guitars, *gasp*!

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Aug 16 2011, 08:03 AM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 16 2011, 08:33 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
the world economy might crash and we'll have global anarchy mellow.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 16 2011, 09:06 AM
Instructor
World economy is crashing? What are we waiting for then? biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 16 2011, 09:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (K1R @ Aug 15 2011, 10:02 PM) *

Good one biggrin.gif i hope I'll die only after I have accomplished something grand which can be of use to many generations - pretty crazy huh? Well, that's what I wish for smile.gif

+Quote Post
K1R
Aug 16 2011, 10:47 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 16 2011, 11:54 AM) *
Good one biggrin.gif i hope I'll die only after I have accomplished something grand which can be of use to many generations - pretty crazy huh? Well, that's what I wish for smile.gif

I fully agree. I don't want my life to pass in vain.. When I think about Hendrix or Cobain death, it is sad of course and I'm 100% sure that if they lived, they would write many amazing music, but I wouldn't regret very much if I died young, but made huge contribution in the world culture, as they did. But if I lived for hundred years but left nothing behind, it would make my life worthless. smile.gif

--------------------

Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 16 2011, 11:57 AM
Instructor
There is only one certainty and that is knowing that we know nothing ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 16 2011, 01:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 16 2011, 12:57 PM) *

That is definitely correct! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 16 2011, 01:29 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (K1R @ Aug 15 2011, 11:23 PM) *
I don't believe in it smile.gif Come on, they talk about the apocalypse almost every year...

Agreed cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 16 2011, 04:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 16 2011, 05:57 AM) *

Thats the real deal.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Aug 16 2011, 05:02 PM
Instructor
I wouldn't bet my money on that date. It's quite mainstream, there's even a big hollywood movie on that year. I think we have to be aware of the truth and be awake because:

IF YOU DON'T HAVE A PLAN FOR YOUR LIFE, SOMEONE ELSE DOES

I'm sure there's something going on that year but my belief is that is going to be manipulated by the public opinion, just like what the phone hacking criminals did in the UK with the newspapers.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:58 PM