Metal Gallop Picking
AdamB
Mar 15 2013, 08:46 AM
GMC:er
Hi guys,

I'm practicing figure 2:8 on this page;

http://www.guitarworld.com/art-shredding-m...-enemy-and-more

I can't decide whether that should be done full alternate (except for the 2 power chords at the start) or switching back to a downstroke for each group of 1/8th + 2 16/ths. It sounds better and more metal without sticking to alternate picking, but I guess that will limit the speed of it?

I suppose an answer might be to learn both ways. Thoughts?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 15 2013, 10:21 AM
Instructor
I would treat it this way:

Keep Your right hand movements able to do regular downstrokes on every 1/8 ...then only add the upstrokes while You have to bring 1/16. Just add the upstrokes to the regular 1/8 movement and it should be ok. Regular movement will also make You keep a better timing.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Darius Wave: Mar 15 2013, 10:22 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 15 2013, 01:30 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! The best right hand combination for galloping is DOWN - DOWN - UP. Using this combination, you will get the correct sound and accentuation used for metal music easier. You won't have problems in the future, you just have to practice hard.

Let me share two great lessons based on this topic:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Time-To-Gallop/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/gallop-workout/

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 15 2013, 01:34 PM
Instructor
Yeah...Gabriel we both had same solution in our minds but I hope writing it down in two different ways might help him to understand what we're talking about smile.gif

+Quote Post
AdamB
Mar 15 2013, 03:18 PM
GMC:er
Yep I get it, that's cool, I'll practice that way then.

Cheers!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 16 2013, 10:28 AM
Instructor
God luck with the practice:) Post Your results !

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 10:55 AM