3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Singing Lessons For Guitarists?!, Gmc is full of surprises...
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 2 2007, 08:32 AM
GMC Founder
Hey there!

I was recently contacted by Luciana. A female vocalist, who performs with Cirse - same band as our versatile instructor/guitarist Gabriel Leopardi.

We have been discussing back and fourth how we can come up with useful singing lessons for guitarists. I am sure that most would agree that the guitar is an instrument that's easily combined with vocals (as a opposed to saxophone!).

Well I think we have now come up with some kind of recipe - so you can expect a first singing lesson here at GMC quite soon.

Luciana has also promised me that she, as our only singing instructor, will be active in the lessons feedback so we all can ask her questions.

Stay tuned! smile.gif
--Kris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 2 2007, 08:34 AM
GMC:er
WOW, Kris you really have done it all. This is quite amazing. I never expected this. Thanks a lot!! I was looking at getting into singing a bit. A while back. Now i dont have ot look any longer. Its all at GMC!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 2 2007, 08:44 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I'm so bad I couldn't sing myself out of a hostage situation. I HOPE it's really really basic singing to start with so I can catch up cos I'd love to be able to sing and have so for many years.

ohmy.gif ooooh lalala

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 2 2007, 08:52 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jul 2 2007, 02:44 AM) *
I'm so bad I couldn't sing myself out of a hostage situation. I HOPE it's really really basic singing to start with so I can catch up cos I'd love to be able to sing and have so for many years.
ohmy.gif ooooh lalala

2nd that!!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
spdalton
Jul 2 2007, 09:12 AM
Yes! Exactly what I need.
Can't wait biggrin.gif.

Thanks Kris for making GMC such an awesome and versatile place biggrin.gif:D

--------------------
IPB Image
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way

http://www.myspace.com/cashnz

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 2 2007, 10:14 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jul 2 2007, 09:44 AM) *
ohmy.gif ooooh lalala

yes it is - the first lesson is just a basic exercise which you can practice to your heart's desire - along with the lesson features provided. We also agreed that the lessons would be aimed towards guitarists - in other words simple.

Man I make it sound like we are stupid - that's not my point of course! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robin
Jul 2 2007, 10:17 AM
Wow this is cool!

+Quote Post
Despa
Jul 2 2007, 10:20 AM
yeehaaw, that sounds great! can't wait to see the lesson!

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Jul 2 2007, 12:11 PM
COOL!
i cant wait for the first lesson smile.gif

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 2 2007, 01:37 PM
Lets go fishing!
dude that kicks ass, seriously, cant wait! biggrin.gif

Bury all your gentials blink.gif wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 2 2007, 02:02 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Amazing! Kris, how do you constantly come up with ways to make GMC even better?

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
aerohit
Jul 2 2007, 02:08 PM
Hey Kris you know what, one of my friends has written a song and I was supposed to arrange all the music for it. But the problem was, none of us knew how to sing. But seems that I am granted with a wish I never made. Three cheers for you, Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray!

--------------------
If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.

-Vincent Van Gogh

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Jul 2 2007, 02:13 PM
Well, considering i have the most limited vocal range of any human ever born, this could be good or bad for me.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Kaneda
Jul 2 2007, 02:14 PM
Other side of the coin
Great idea, Kris! smile.gif

But aw, why no "guitar playing for singers"? (like me)... Oh, wait... hmm... nevermind tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gen
Jul 2 2007, 02:16 PM
Thats an exellent idea!
I cant wait for this biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 2 2007, 03:12 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Damn Kris, you just keep outdoing yourself.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 2 2007, 04:28 PM
GMC Founder
Hehe judging from your response this is something gmc:ers have been longing for...awesome! biggrin.gif

I also saw that Luciana just registrered at the forum - hopefully she will join us here. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
icedern
Jul 2 2007, 04:31 PM
dang it! I have to much to practice now! wink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jul 2 2007, 04:34 PM
The Dark Canuck
Great idea Kris...your always on the ball! This site just keeps getting better and better. Amazing biggrin.gif

I'm not a very good singer but i try. Can't wait for the first lesson. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Jul 2 2007, 04:44 PM
Singing Instructor
biggrin.gif Hi everybody biggrin.gif

I'm Luciana!!

i'm so glad of being part of this great site!

I hope that you like my lessons and that you improve your singing with them.

see you soon in myfirst lesson!

cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:48 PM