Happy Birthday To Youtube!
maharzan
May 17 2010, 02:56 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Just wanted to wish YouTube Happy 5.

Looks like YouTube completed its 5th year as it seems from its logo. This one was one BIG revolution on the web and I have to say HATS OFF to these guys. Without YouTube, I am sure I wouldn't have been able to gather 'tonnes' of FREE information out there including guitar learning and daily hunting of amazing talents.

Cheers!!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 15)
del-4fr53e3
May 17 2010, 02:58 PM
Learning Tone Master
Yeah, happy birthday! Youtube must be the most succesfull product ever. Having grown from nothing to this in 5 years! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
May 17 2010, 03:24 PM
Instructor
only 5 years? can't remember my life without youtube! LOL!

+Quote Post
jafomatic
May 17 2010, 03:25 PM
GMC:er
Weird. If asked, I'd have said youtube was a couple years older than this. Not many, just 1 or 2 years before 2005. I swear it can't have been only five years ago that we first saw it. Amazing how quickly it's become almost a necessity to so many people.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
May 17 2010, 03:52 PM
Instructor
wow!

YouTube is great!

I think it would eliminate TV in the end,

it already did for me biggrin.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
maharzan
May 17 2010, 03:55 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Yep, I remember it started in 2005. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 17 2010, 04:38 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I didn't know it was only 5 years smile.gif I can't remember web without youtube...Really amazing product/idea that changed so many people's lives. Does anyone know what is the first ever user posted youtube video?

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
jafomatic
May 17 2010, 04:49 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ May 17 2010, 10:38 AM) *
I didn't know it was only 5 years smile.gif I can't remember web without youtube...Really amazing product/idea that changed so many people's lives. Does anyone know what is the first ever user posted youtube video?

According to both google and youtube's timeline graphic (in the blog) it was this one:

--------------------

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
May 17 2010, 05:37 PM
Instructor
a totally random video, biggrin.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
jafomatic
May 17 2010, 05:37 PM
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ May 17 2010, 11:37 AM) *
a totally random video, biggrin.gif

Not anymore smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
May 17 2010, 05:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jafomatic @ May 17 2010, 11:37 AM) *
Not anymore smile.gif

ohmy.gif TRUE!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 17 2010, 05:53 PM
Instructor
Wow, when you say 5 years, it seems so short, it's like it was there all my life! biggrin.gif

Happy Birthday indeed. I was reading about YT, how the shear amount of material is a big expense for Google company, compared to the profits that YT generates. But I also believe that it would never be what it is, if it had more commercial character. Who knows, perhaps they find a way to increase profits on YT in the future, but for now it's an awesome free service, almost a gift to the world. Respect for YT and Google people smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: May 17 2010, 05:54 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
May 17 2010, 05:57 PM
Learning Tone Master
"The cool thing about these guys, is that they have really, really, really long trunks, and that's, that's cool." biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: May 17 2010, 05:57 PM

+Quote Post
thefireball
May 23 2010, 04:41 AM
Learning Roadie
too bad i didn't see youtube in all its glory on that day of fifth anniversary. People say the homepage looked different or something. I didn't log on that day. sad.gif

+Quote Post
maharzan
May 23 2010, 08:13 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I think it was the just logo (something like Google changes every other day).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
May 23 2010, 03:05 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hmmm youtube wouldnt load that day here... haha now I know why!

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:30 PM