Road Trips ?
Ben Higgins
Apr 6 2012, 09:59 AM
Instructor
Just reading an article about Road Trips. Have any of you been on these routes at all ? What other brilliant road trips have you been on ?

http://uk.travel.yahoo.com/p-promo-3362317

Out of that list, I would definitely want to check out the Austrain, Swiss Route and The Atlantic Road in Norway !

This is the Atlantic Road..

I also heard that Route 66 isn't actually that good and there are far better roads to check out in the States ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 6 2012, 10:40 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
I can't believe that I did not only take 1 of these road trips, but 3!

The pacific coast highway was pretty impressive, I loved the scenery since I just love the ocean. I recommend this road!
I've also been down the Grossglockner Road and the San Bernardino Pass. I can recommend all of these road trips!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 6 2012, 11:48 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Apr 6 2012, 10:40 AM) *
I can't believe that I did not only take 1 of these road trips, but 3!

The pacific coast highway was pretty impressive, I loved the scenery since I just love the ocean. I recommend this road!
I've also been down the Grossglockner Road and the San Bernardino Pass. I can recommend all of these road trips!

You are a well travelled German !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 6 2012, 12:06 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
You know...we germans love to visit other countries... unsure.gif

laugh.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 6 2012, 12:29 PM
Instructor
I've been in the San Bernardino Pass myself...the view is stunning biggrin.gif

The last Ghost Rider movie was filmed on the Transfagarasan road which takes people from one side of the Carpathian mountains to the other, straight into Transilvania - the scenery is incredibly beautiful, so you guys should check it out:

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Apr 6 2012, 12:41 PM

+Quote Post
dark dude
Apr 6 2012, 12:39 PM
GMC:er
Not been on any of those as such, but did Prague -> Bratislava -> Budapest -> Vienna a few years ago - was amazing!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Apr 6 2012, 01:01 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
France along the Atlantic Coast - Alps - Austria - Ex Jugoslavia -Greece,Creta ,Turkey, Syria, Jordania,Israel,Pakistan,India , Sicilia.

Soon Auvergne-France with family.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 6 2012, 01:19 PM
Instructor
Ya know, I'm almost regretting starting this thread because you're all making me envious haha !!! laugh.gif

Just kidding ! smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 6 2012, 12:29 PM) *
I've been in the San Bernardino Pass myself...the view is stunning biggrin.gif

The last Ghost Rider movie was filmed on the Transfagarasan road which takes people from one side of the Carpathian mountains to the other, straight into Transilvania - the scenery is incredibly beautiful, so you guys should check it out:

Yeah, Top Gear did a feature about the Transfagarasan Road - it looked epic !! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 8 2012, 04:03 PM
I rode from Seattle all the way down to LA once. Great trip. I'll do the 66 one day too!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Have also ridden quite extensively through Europe too.

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 9 2012, 09:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Apr 8 2012, 04:03 PM) *
I rode from Seattle all the way down to LA once. Great trip. I'll do the 66 one day too!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Have also ridden quite extensively through Europe too.

Wow, that's some serious mileage !

Europe hey ? C'Mon, where were the best bits ????? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 9 2012, 04:37 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Apr 9 2012, 09:21 AM) *
Wow, that's some serious mileage !

Europe hey ? C'Mon, where were the best bits ????? wink.gif

Best bits in Europe? Well, riding through Spain to get down to Faro in Portugal. Mountain roads in Austria, especially some of those long tunnels....loud bikes sound amazing in tunnels!! Getting turned away at the Swiss Border for being too loud and so weren't allowed into the country! Not to forget the Isle of Man!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 9 2012, 07:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Apr 9 2012, 04:37 PM) *
Best bits in Europe? Well, riding through Spain to get down to Faro in Portugal. Mountain roads in Austria, especially some of those long tunnels....loud bikes sound amazing in tunnels!! Getting turned away at the Swiss Border for being too loud and so weren't allowed into the country! Not to forget the Isle of Man!!

Hahaha, yeah the Swiss laws are like that aren't they ? They even outlawed the TVR Griffith for being too loud... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 9 2012, 09:22 PM
Being a Kentucky boy I'd have to say the "Dragon's Tail" as it's called is one of the best roads anywhere. Otherwise knows as

US 129 / BlueRidge Parkway

It's 300 or so turns in about 10 miles. There is a speed limit of course, of 30MPH! But it's seldom observed. Not that I'm suggesting speeding smile.gif It's a great road in the fall with all the leaves changing color, even at 30 mph! Here is a vid of a couple guys in noise makers (what folks with V8 engines call small cars) making a pretty decent run of it!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:19 PM