Quick Licks #74 - Benpeggios!, Ben Higgins inspired version of playing a traditional Arpeggio
Todd Simpson
Apr 6 2019, 07:47 PM
GMC:er
In this Quick Lick, let's use a unique method of playing and Arpeggio. It is one favored by our own BEN HIGGINS. I borrowed this directly from him and give him full credit for it. It's a very clever way to run an Arp!!! It's not a "SWEEP" picking lick. Each note is played distinctly instead of using the drag/rake technique. Keep a good palm mute and follow the pattern. It's a great way to use Arpeggios without using the sweep/rake.

Attached File  74.gp5 ( 1.88K ) Number of downloads: 18078

Attached Image

Give it a shot!!!

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Apr 30 2019, 08:36 AM
Learning Roadie

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 2 2019, 03:20 AM
Watch and learn folks. This is a very spiff rendition of this Quick Lick. Played well and then applied to other shapes/modes. This is exactly what I hope people will get out of these. Something that they can then apply in other ways using what they've learned. Well done and well played!!! This is a very tricky picking patter and you KILLED IT!!!

In other words you just..
LEVELED UP!!!!!
Attached Image
Todd
QUOTE (onetabmat @ Apr 30 2019, 03:36 AM) *

+Quote Post
onetabmat
May 17 2019, 03:22 PM
Learning Roadie
this is badge 74

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 22 2019, 10:05 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Take 1 Sarge, this has taken me quite a while to even get to this speed. This recording is me on the edge of failing, 5% slower and I'm fine. I can't see me ever using this though but it is good for the fingers and brain wink.gif

https://youtu.be/257InpKV4YI

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 23 2019, 01:10 AM
NICE!! This is a classic "BEN PEGGIO" Ben Higgins introduced me to this way of running arps a while back. I must admit that all the back and forth made my brain melt for the longest time. After much repetition I was able to get my head around it. I'm playing it about as fast as I can run it without the entire thing falling apart so I feel your pain! You can use this picking pattern are any chord or arp! So it's something that can be used in a variety of places. You got this!
You just..
LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 22 2019, 05:05 PM) *
Take 1 Sarge, this has taken me quite a while to even get to this speed. This recording is me on the edge of failing, 5% slower and I'm fine. I can't see me ever using this though but it is good for the fingers and brain wink.gif

https://youtu.be/257InpKV4YI

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 23 2019, 11:47 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks buddy,

I got the next one but didn't get time to record.

Tomorrow it will be there.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 24 2019, 03:59 AM
You've are on a roll!!

Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 23 2019, 06:47 PM) *
Thanks buddy,

I got the next one but didn't get time to record.

Tomorrow it will be there.

Cheers

Phil

+Quote Post
Adam
Aug 28 2021, 10:33 PM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 29 2021, 07:37 AM
This is very close! Take one more look at the descending notes. After the high note with the pinky, I think three notes after you skip forward by a note. It should be the exact same thing going back down as it was on the way up. It's just reversed. So you fingers should do the same shape again, just backwards.

Once more!
Todd

QUOTE (Adam @ Aug 28 2021, 05:33 PM) *

+Quote Post
Adam
Aug 30 2021, 12:14 AM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 30 2021, 04:39 AM
Now you got it!!! It's the same on the way back down as going up. I see you are not using a finger roll going down but that's ok. Whatever works for your hand. To wit!!

Well done!!! You just...

LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image
Attached Image

Todd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:55 PM