Eric Clapton Style Lesson
bertus
Aug 12 2008, 06:45 PM
GMC:er
Hi Ivan,

First of, I'm a big fan of your lesson's, especially the eric clapton and jimi hendrix style, which seem to suit my level of playing at this moment.

But now I am having some problems with part 3 of your Eric Clapton style lesson. I can't get the second piece of part 3 to sound right, just doesn't sound as fluently as when you play it.

In the tab it says:
--------3-------3---------------------------------------
--3--3----3-6b---3----3-------------------------------
--5b-----------------5b----5-3-5---3---------------3-5-
------------------------------------5----5-3------3-5-----
----------------------------------------------5-3---------
---------------------------------------------------------

but when I listen to you play it slowly, it sounds to me like your playing it with some pull-offs, more like this:

--------3------3------------------------------------------
--3--3---3-6b---3----3---------------------------------
--5b----------------5b---5P3-5---3-----------------3-5--
------------------------------------5---5P3------3-5-------
---------------------------------------------5-3------------
----------------------------------------------------------
When I play it like this it does sound better actually, but I want to make sure I am not taking any shortcuts, maybe I should just practice it more biggrin.gif . I want to be able to play it exactly the way you play it, please help me out!

Thanks in advance,

grtz bertus

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
black and white
Aug 12 2008, 06:47 PM
Yes, Ivan's lesson Rock

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 12 2008, 06:52 PM
Instructor
Thanks smile.gif

Regarding the lesson, it is a pull off, nicely spotted. smile.gif I play it often without a pull off as well, so it is up to you to decide really. If you think the pull off sounds better and works better - by all means continue to play it so. IMO with pull off sounds slightly better as well. Cheers smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
bertus
Aug 12 2008, 06:59 PM
ok thanks for clearing that out for me!

btw I agree completely with Black and white:D

thanks man!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 13 2008, 10:31 AM
Instructor
No problem man, thanks for kind words smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dennisch
Feb 25 2009, 09:14 AM
I love the lesson aswell cool.gif But the second tab of the 5th video misses the second half of the piece, or is it just my PC? tongue.gif

the tab says:
---------10-13-10----10--------------------------|
-----13b----------13----13-11----13----11--------|
------------------------------12----12----12-12~-|
-------------------------------------------------|

I'm no hero with tabs, but I think this looks more like the thing you play on the video:

---------10-13-10-----10-------------------------------------------------------|
-----13b----------13b----13-11----11-------------------------11-13b-11b--------|
-------------------------------12----12-10-------------10-12------------10/12~-|
-------------------------------------------12-10-11-12-------------------------|
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Either something is missing or I am being dumb laugh.gif

Keep up the good work cool.gif

This post has been edited by Dennisch: Feb 25 2009, 09:15 AM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 26 2009, 12:33 AM
Instructor
I'm glad you spotted this mate, and I apologize about this mistake. The tab in the guitar pro file is correct, and here's how it goes:

CODE
  E   T   T  T  T  T  T  T  T  T  T  T  T  T  T  T  T  T  T  T  T  T  S   S   T  S  
---------10-13-10----10-------------------------------------------------------------|
-----13b----------13----13-11----13----11-------------------------11-13b-11b--------|
------------------------------12----12----12-10-------------10-12------------12-10s-|
------------------------------------------------12-10-11-12-------------------------|
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I will repair this mistake in the lesson, so it should be OK in several days after it's republished again. Cheers, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Ivan

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:55 AM