Easy First Songs
symon
Aug 16 2007, 06:43 AM
GMC:er
kind of a similar post to ZaKk WyLdE but more just wanting to know what easy first songs (cool heavy ones of course ) people learnt or would recommend at the moment i am learning hells bells about a 1/4 of the way through it is there some easier ones to conquer that would add to my under stocked library lol
warm regards symon

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Aug 16 2007, 06:46 AM
ACDC - Back in Black
ACDC - Hard As a Rock
Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
Nirvana - Smell Like Teen Spirit
Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
Rammstein...

Check Freelicks.NET for some great song lessons smile.gif
from Rammstein, Nirvana, ACDC Iron Maiden and so on.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ezravdb: Aug 16 2007, 06:48 AM

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
stratman33
Aug 16 2007, 07:04 AM
QUOTE (ezravdb @ Aug 15 2007, 05:46 PM) *
ACDC - Back in Black
ACDC - Hard As a Rock
Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
Nirvana - Smell Like Teen Spirit
Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
Rammstein...

Check Freelicks.NET for some great song lessons smile.gif
from Rammstein, Nirvana, ACDC Iron Maiden and so on.

crazy train isnt a beginner song....theres no way a beginner could play that solo dude.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 16 2007, 07:08 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Aug 16 2007, 08:04 AM) *
crazy train isnt a beginner song....theres no way a beginner could play that solo dude.

+1
Also the rhythm part with a wandering bass tone isn't all that easy (split shords E/A D/A)

Try Smoke on the water. Or ZZ Top's Tush and improvise the solo.

I'm just trying to recall the first ones I learned. Highway to Hell is easier than Back in Black I suppose.
For a straight forward AC/DC rhythm track we have whole lotta rosie, good practice!

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Aug 16 2007, 07:26 AM
Enter Sandman - Metallica
For Whom The Bell Tolls - Metallica
Duke Nukem - Megadeth
Symphony of Destruction - Megadeth

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
chast
Aug 16 2007, 07:27 AM
Learning Roadie
If you like Hammerfall, you could try Let The Hammer Fall but without the solo.
Let the Hammerfall was one of the first songs i learned completely smile.gif
Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Greenday (if you like) isnt that hard, and you learn a small octave lick smile.gif

With a bit of practice you can also try seek and destroy by metallica (maybe without the fast rhyhtm part), which is also fun to play.

Try this ones.

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
rokchik
Aug 16 2007, 08:12 AM
The Dark Canuck
Not sure if your into Nirvana but along with Smells like Teen Spirit I'd try:

Polly
About a Girl
Rape Me

May not be heavy enough for ya but they are pretty easy to learn. Also check out Iron Man by Black Sabbath.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 16 2007, 08:44 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Any Nirvana is a +1 (happy memories of seeing them support Sonic Youth).

Maybe not that heavy but - as it's been on UK tv recently - Hawkwind's 'Hurry on sundown' and 'Silver Machine'. Without 'SM" arguably no Lemmy, no Motorhead.... (But god the ex band looked wrecked ohmy.gif - Nik Turner particularly. The phrase space cadet sprang to mind wink.gif )

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Ayen
Aug 17 2007, 01:51 PM
Fade to Black was the song that got it going for me, a bunch of fun licks along with an easy, semi-fast solo, great way to build up skill.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
symon
Aug 17 2007, 02:58 PM
wow thanks for the replies everyone some really cool choices there although some have left me feeling pretty old (37) as i haven't heard of the bands but am now a little intrigued and will look them up
warm regards symon

+Quote Post
RobM
Aug 22 2007, 02:20 PM
QUOTE (symon @ Aug 17 2007, 09:58 AM) *
wow thanks for the replies everyone some really cool choices there although some have left me feeling pretty old (37) as i haven't heard of the bands but am now a little intrigued and will look them up
warm regards symon

Your not old, I'm 47 lol. But again, you're only as old as you feel.

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Aug 22 2007, 02:36 PM
QUOTE (symon @ Aug 17 2007, 05:58 AM) *
warm regards symon

+1 for acdc songs listed above.

Also id say some guns n roses would be a well rounded choice. Now by no means do you have to do sweet child of mine solos and what not but basically the intro lick makes a great excercise for a begginer. And the chord progressons in most of their songs arent to difficult and youll still get that heavier feel.

-John cool.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Ayen
Aug 22 2007, 03:21 PM
If you haven't visited it yet, check out www.freelicks.net, thats where I got my start.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
symon
Aug 24 2007, 05:27 AM
hi all ok this is a little bit of an update i am continuing with hells bells (ac/dc) but have now had a look at back in black that seems pretty achievable for me at this stage i am trying to keep my fourteen year old interested too trouble is if it becomes hard work he just looses interest but i truly appreciate all of your replies
warm regards symon
and on a side note in regards to freelicks i cant get the videos to load is this site still maintained

This post has been edited by symon: Aug 24 2007, 05:29 AM

+Quote Post
Robin
Aug 24 2007, 08:43 AM
Metallica - For Whom the bell tolls

+Quote Post
steve25
Aug 24 2007, 08:06 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ Aug 24 2007, 08:43 AM) *
Metallica - For Whom the bell tolls

I doubt a beginner would be able to play all of that song with ease, maybe some of it but i remember when i was just starting out and trying to play that song i couldn't do it for a while.

Quite a lot of greenday songs are easy if you're into them.

Nightwish - Nemo is quite easy, and a popular song as well.

+Quote Post
Robin
Aug 24 2007, 08:21 PM
QUOTE (steve25 @ Aug 24 2007, 07:06 PM) *
I doubt a beginner would be able to play all of that song with ease, maybe some of it but i remember when i was just starting out and trying to play that song i couldn't do it for a while.

Quite a lot of greenday songs are easy if you're into them.

Nightwish - Nemo is quite easy, and a popular song as well.

Isnt most of the song just power chords? I remember all the beginner bands were playing this song around here tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Travelin' Man
Aug 24 2007, 09:17 PM
Back in the olden days, I would practice Riff Raff from AC/DC. If that dont get your fingers limber, I dont know what will.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:00 AM