Slowly Getting Back After A Very Sad Weekend
Gabriel Leopardi
May 26 2021, 09:52 PM
Instructor
Hey friends, I hope that you are doing well.

The last Friday, I lost my grandma, who was like a second mother for me. I can't explain how sad I feel about it. It was very sudden and as we are now living the worst pandemic days, I couldn't visit her at the hospital where she's been for 2 weeks until we received the bad news.

Thanks to all the GMCers that wrote me nice words at Facebook and Instagram.

She is now my angel. smile.gif

Attached Image

Attached Image

I'm slowly getting better so I'm now back at the forum. Let's continue making music my friends.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: May 26 2021, 09:54 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 26 2021, 09:59 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
We spoke earlier today, it was good to see you trying to move forward, memories will bring smiles my friend.

We're here for you as much as we can be buddy, you know that.

Stay strong.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: May 26 2021, 10:12 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
May 26 2021, 10:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Gabriel. My grandfather on my mother's side died before I was born (in 1983) and my grandmother on that side in 1987. Then I was born in 1989, and my grandfather on my father's side died in 1992. Last but not least I lost my grandmother in 2012, who really was the only one I knew and remembered from my life. I didn't spend a lot of time with her in general, but I remember her fondly. When I grew up I was taken care of by another older woman who we called my "reserve/substitute grandmother", but she passed away in 2010. She was one of the nicest persons I've ever met smile.gif

Again, sorry to hear about your loss. Maybe you can spend some time with music, the guitar and expressing the feelings of loss that way. It can be helpful and therapeutic, but also remember that it's 100% legit and okay to be sad!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 26 2021, 10:02 PM
GMC:er
My condolences...

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
May 26 2021, 11:32 PM
Learning Tone Master
my heart is heavy for your loss my friend.

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
May 26 2021, 11:37 PM
Learning Roadie

My condolences Gabri, sad to read this.

Covid makes everything harder.

I hope you you family recovers quickly.

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
May 27 2021, 12:01 AM
My condolences Gab, to you and your family.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 27 2021, 03:01 AM
Very sorry for your loss Gabe. I know what it's like to lose loved ones and it's awful. Your GMC family is here to help you through this time. They were here for me when I had my own losses. We are here for you Gabe!

todd

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 27 2021, 05:41 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Very sorry to hear of your loss, Gabriel. Stay strong, man.

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
May 27 2021, 06:15 AM
Learning Tone Master
My condolences Gab. Same as Todd I also know how is to lose the loved ones. I lost my father when I had 10 years old, my grandparents throughout the years and last year in July I lost my mom (i'm still not able to talk about this). I lost even my both cats which were like children for me.

Anyway, all I can say from my own experience is that unfortunately it's nothing can be said to make you feel better. The pain will diminish over time (at least in theory) but the emptiness that remains in the soul...it can't be fixed.
But...I truly believe that if you will always remember and talk about your lost ones, they will never be forgotten and will live forever (even if not in a physical form).

Take care of you Gab! Don't forget, if we can help you with something, just tell us.

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
May 27 2021, 07:04 AM
Learning Chord Basher
I am sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences Gab, to you and your family.

+Quote Post
Timmez
May 27 2021, 08:32 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm very sorry to hear from your loss Gab.
I hope you can move on and look back to al the nice memories you have from her.
She looks very kind smile.gif
All the best man

+Quote Post
petitkyu
May 27 2021, 10:20 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I am really sorry for you Gab. My condolences to you and your family.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 27 2021, 01:55 PM
Instructor
Thanks friends for your beautiful words. Love my GMC family. smile.gif

I'd like to tell you something that happen. You don't have to beileve it.

Two days ago, we composed a song dedicated to Grandma, with my girlfriend. This is the chorus (the song is in Spanish).

give me the sign,
'cause I'm waiting to see
if there is something else
than memories of a trunk
burning strong in me

The following day, her clock started to say "It's 11 and 33, it's 11 and 33, it's 11 and 33" for a while.

I googled it and this is what I got:

"The angel number 1133 is a message from your angels that they are supporting you in having a more positive and gainful outlook. ... If you keep seeing 1133, it means that your angels and the universe are working together to make it all happen for you"

The song is now called 11:33.

Still feeling sad but now I also feel that she is fine, wherever she is.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 26 2021, 05:59 PM) *
We spoke earlier today, it was good to see you trying to move forward, memories will bring smiles my friend.

We're here for you as much as we can be buddy, you know that.

Stay strong.

Thanks for your friendship mate.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ May 26 2021, 06:01 PM) *
I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Gabriel. My grandfather on my mother's side died before I was born (in 1983) and my grandmother on that side in 1987. Then I was born in 1989, and my grandfather on my father's side died in 1992. Last but not least I lost my grandmother in 2012, who really was the only one I knew and remembered from my life. I didn't spend a lot of time with her in general, but I remember her fondly. When I grew up I was taken care of by another older woman who we called my "reserve/substitute grandmother", but she passed away in 2010. She was one of the nicest persons I've ever met smile.gif

Again, sorry to hear about your loss. Maybe you can spend some time with music, the guitar and expressing the feelings of loss that way. It can be helpful and therapeutic, but also remember that it's 100% legit and okay to be sad!

Hi Cael. Thanks for your words mate and for sharing your story. Nice to know more about you.

And yes, music heals my soul (a bit).

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ May 27 2021, 02:15 AM) *
My condolences Gab. Same as Todd I also know how is to lose the loved ones. I lost my father when I had 10 years old, my grandparents throughout the years and last year in July I lost my mom (i'm still not able to talk about this). I lost even my both cats which were like children for me.

Anyway, all I can say from my own experience is that unfortunately it's nothing can be said to make you feel better. The pain will diminish over time (at least in theory) but the emptiness that remains in the soul...it can't be fixed.
But...I truly believe that if you will always remember and talk about your lost ones, they will never be forgotten and will live forever (even if not in a physical form).

Take care of you Gab! Don't forget, if we can help you with something, just tell us.

Thanks a lot Moni. I can really get what you feel. There are no words to describe how hard life can be.

Did I tell you that your name is very important for me as my mother is called Monica? smile.gif

Take care.

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: May 27 2021, 01:40 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
FreePizza
May 27 2021, 05:02 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Gabriel, I am so very sorry to hear this. It can be so painful and difficult losing such a close family member. My parents both passed away in 2018 and it was a tremendously hard time. Of course it will get better and the memories you have will last your lifetime and give you comfort. My condolences to you and your family. God bless you.

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
May 27 2021, 06:58 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 27 2021, 12:55 PM) *
Did I tell you that your name is very important for me as my mother is called Monica? smile.gif

Awesome, I didn't know that. smile.gif

What happened to you, I think it's that kind of sign that can give you a little inner peace. If it's just a coincidence or not, it doesn't matter.

BTW, I think 11:33 it's the perfect name for your song. Maybe when it's ready you can share this with us. I would love to hear it. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 28 2021, 07:59 AM
GMC Founder
Your grandma looks so sweet ❤️ I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts go to your family.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
May 28 2021, 11:39 AM
Learning Roadie
I am sorry to hear about your loss. Stay strong and positive!
My condolences to you and your family!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 07:53 AM