Looking For A Pa To Use In A Live Setting.
guitarguy93
Feb 12 2013, 03:21 AM
GMC:er
Well, the title says what I want out of it. The biggest problem is, I'll be running my guitar and vocals through it, so I can't have the two signals fighting each other. I was thinking something along the lines of 300w, but if it needs to be more, so be it.

I know what you're thinking "Distorted guitars sound like shit through a general speaker." Well, I own an ENGL E530 preamp and it has a frequency-compensated output for doing just that.

Anyways, my budget is about 500USD give or take a couple hundred that I could save up in a couple of weeks. I was looking at a Behringer EUROPORT EPA300 system, but I'm nervous about it's clarity.

Any suggestions, guys? I should mention that the mic being used is a Sure SM58, so I'm set there. I just need a PA system to keep up with an acoustic drumset.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Music is a way of life. You live it, you don't just listen.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 13 2013, 01:08 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well - that Behringer set does look interesting. Do you have a chance to try it out in the store? You must try Behringer gear to see how you like it - some stuff sounds and works great, some doesn't.

The thing is that with that budget it will be hard to get a great PA system.

You have two options :

* Get powered speakers (250-300w) + a very simple non powered mixer

OR

* Get a powered mixer + passive speakers

Both options are interesting - I personally do find "powered spakers" option a bit more practical and easier to use just for the fact that speakers are powered on their own so you are not dependent on the actual mixer to power them.

In both cases the price will come to the same and you might just get through with less costs if you find some good bundle that store sells on discount or something. Another option is to go for used gear market.

I think running guitar and vocals shouldn't be much of an issue.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Feb 13 2013, 03:40 AM
Learning Tone Master
http://www.carvinguitars.com/pm/
scroll down to the pm15A for 2 of them they are 100 more , but they have three inputs , they are excellent speakers , those speakers with subs are big enough for any small club or they make great monitors,my band ran carvin power amps for years and they were are best amps

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 07:01 AM