13 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Improvisation Course I, Modules 1 & 2
slickster
Oct 13 2015, 01:39 AM
GMC:er
I'm I to late to jump in...
This is up my alley,cat.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 13 2015, 02:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Oct 12 2015, 05:12 PM) *
Hi Gabriel

Based on this lesson:

Major Pentatonic Intermediate Solo by Gabriel

Yes i have work , and a lot, but it was hopeless cause i do not have the mind connected, maybe a bit tired.
so now i have decide to make me some violence, and finaly ideas come.

this is a small preview, with some errors , but a preview

https://soundcloud.com/maxime-bon-3/test-lesson-gabriel-1

edit:

just done this this morning

https://soundcloud.com/maxime-bon-3/test-lesson-gabriel-2

Laurent

Hi laurent, good takes. I think that this is going on the right track. I can get the feel of the lesson but with your own licks, and that's the main purpose of this week's assignment. The idea is to get inspiration from lessons and build your own ideas. You solo still could have more defined phrases but your playing is promising on this one. It would be good to keep on experimenting with other major lessons, to get even more into the major feel. By the way, did I say that this is a never ending journey?

Thanks for your submit, keep on rocking! smile.gif

QUOTE (petr @ Oct 12 2015, 07:37 PM) *

Hi Petr! Great job!

It's cool to hear your exploring the major scale, trying to go more musical. You definitely need to continue doing this kind of work, and maybe switching to some other musical lessons that use this scale to expand your vocabulary. Regarding this take, beside exploring how each note sound over the chords, you should focus a bit more on timing while you improvise. So the first two goals should be:

- Creating more musical phrases / exploring notes sound.
- improving timing.

Congrats on your good job, keep going!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 13 2015, 02:56 PM
Learning Roadie
thanks for listening Gabriel

In fact, i wasn't really connected to the BT, why ? i don't know, theses days, i try a lot of BT in diferent flavor, and it's never nice, before , i can take any BT , any style or tonality, and i can do something almost woth a sense.

HEY !! i have lost my mojo !! i need a time machine !

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
n3m57
Oct 13 2015, 03:49 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 12 2015, 06:31 PM) *
Ok guys! Anybody else has worked on this week's assignment or have anything to share or ask before we move to the next one?

Sorry Gab, I have nothing to share ...
The Tasty Etude lesson is more difficult than I thought, in particular the fast lick in the end and feeling.
I keep this lesson in my routine

--------------------

+Quote Post
slickster
Oct 13 2015, 07:21 PM
Gab is it to late for me to join this.
I started working on the assignments you gave me,I'm having a little trouble with block 3..

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 14 2015, 03:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (n3m57 @ Oct 13 2015, 11:49 AM) *
Sorry Gab, I have nothing to share ...
The Tasty Etude lesson is more difficult than I thought, in particular the fast lick in the end and feeling.
I keep this lesson in my routine

Hi mate, rememebr that the idea is that this licks inspire you to create your own licks so it would be cool to see you creating your own variation of the lesson to be able to play over the backing naturally. Simplify the tricky licks and record yourself.

QUOTE (slickster @ Oct 13 2015, 03:21 PM) *
Gab is it to late for me to join this.
I started working on the assignments you gave me,I'm having a little trouble with block 3..

no, it's never too late to join my workouts. Let me know which is the number of routine and exercise that is giving issues. Share a video playing it if it's possible.

By the way, have you checked the lesson's slow video from where I borrowed the exercise?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
slickster
Oct 15 2015, 02:47 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 30 2015, 11:49 PM) *
Ok guys! So this is the new list!

fzalfa
Tom51
Petr (he's sent a PM)
Sensible Jones
Aris
lpguitar92
Daeron
Mad
n3m57
Nick6373

Remember, it's a 12 weeks course and you need at least 30 minutes per day to work on the tasks. At the end of the course you will have a good knowledge of all the basic tools to improvise.

please add my name to the list, i'm in....thank you

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 15 2015, 03:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (slickster @ Oct 14 2015, 10:47 PM) *
please add my name to the list, i'm in....thank you

Hi mate, don't worry about that initial list, it's not official anymore. You are in. wink.gif

Improvisation Course - WEEK #3

Ok friends! It's time to get into the minor scales! The structure and concepts behind this week's assignment are similar to Week #1 but this time we will work with minor scale. So be sure to work on previous assignments and check my video explanations before you start working on this one.

Here you can check the notes for #WEEK3: LINK

Minor scale is also known as Aeolian mode so this thread will be helpful to understand more about how it's built: LINK

Who is in?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 15 2015, 03:57 PM
Learning Roadie
whoi is in ?

me , myself and I biggrin.gif

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 15 2015, 03:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Oct 15 2015, 11:57 AM) *
whoi is in ?

me , myself and I biggrin.gif

Laurent

biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 15 2015, 04:51 PM
Learning Roadie
hey hey

listen.... i'm inspirated

edit: i have uncut the end...... last 45-30 sec are craps

https://soundcloud.com/maxime-bon-3/lesson-gabriel-4

in this style ?

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Oct 15 2015, 04:53 PM

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Tom51
Oct 15 2015, 04:52 PM
Learning Roadie
I will be in too !

Just one question: is there reason that we learn only two minor shapes and not five as with major?
Or is it just that these two are most useful?

Deadline again in 10 days or open end?

Thanks Tom

This post has been edited by Tom51: Oct 15 2015, 04:56 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 16 2015, 02:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Oct 15 2015, 12:51 PM) *
hey hey

listen.... i'm inspirated

edit: i have uncut the end...... last 45-30 sec are craps

https://soundcloud.com/maxime-bon-3/lesson-gabriel-4

in this style ?

Laurent

Nice playing Laurent! This is a very good first take for this week's assignment. Your playing is melodic and tasty. This means that you are already comfortable with the scale so the next step is to experiment with some other minor backing tracks. What do you think?

QUOTE (Tom51 @ Oct 15 2015, 12:52 PM) *
I will be in too !

Just one question: is there reason that we learn only two minor shapes and not five as with major?
Or is it just that these two are most useful?

Deadline again in 10 days or open end?

Thanks Tom

Hi Tom! Deadline 10 days. We work with two shapes at first, during this first stage to get familiar with them, then we will add the other ones. There are not more or less important shapes, the choose is arbitrary.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 16 2015, 04:09 PM
Learning Roadie
What do you think?

deal, i'll try other minor BT this week, but i'll post another take with this one, i like it !!

edit:

try out on one shoot with Minor E bt, not my favorite tonality, but let's be crazy and do some more difficults stuff

https://soundcloud.com/maxime-bon-3/test-lesson-minor-1

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Oct 16 2015, 09:11 PM

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
slickster
Oct 17 2015, 12:00 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 14 2015, 02:21 PM) *
Hi mate, rememebr that the idea is that this licks inspire you to create your own licks so it would be cool to see you creating your own variation of the lesson to be able to play over the backing naturally. Simplify the tricky licks and record yourself.

no, it's never too late to join my workouts. Let me know which is the number of routine and exercise that is giving issues. Share a video playing it if it's possible.

By the way, have you checked the lesson's slow video from where I borrowed the exercise?
can anyone pls give me instructions on how to record myself I have a web cam...the trouble area is block 3 on the guitar gym..not sure how to pick the notes....

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 17 2015, 04:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Oct 16 2015, 12:09 PM) *
deal, i'll try other minor BT this week, but i'll post another take with this one, i like it !!

edit:

try out on one shoot with Minor E bt, not my favorite tonality, but let's be crazy and do some more difficults stuff

https://soundcloud.com/maxime-bon-3/test-lesson-minor-1

Laurent

Hi Laurent, except by two moments where you play A note and B note which aren't part of the scale, the overall sound good and connected with the backing. I recommend you to focus more on building phrases and give some clearer direction to your improvisation. It should be the next goal.

QUOTE (slickster @ Oct 16 2015, 08:00 PM) *
can anyone pls give me instructions on how to record myself I have a web cam...the trouble area is block 3 on the guitar gym..not sure how to pick the notes....

Hi friend! Please check this video and let me know if it helps to record your guitar videos:

About the Guitar Gym, this is not the right thread to talk about it, but let me say that the block 3 is based on a lesson and the link can be found there in the post. If you enter to the lesson you'll be able to see the instructor playing the exercises slowly with some extra explanations.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 17 2015, 04:27 PM
Learning Roadie
I recommend you to focus more on building phrases and give some clearer direction to your improvisation. It should be the next goal.

Hô yeah , let's go !

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Oct 17 2015, 07:40 PM

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 17 2015, 07:41 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi

is this is on the right track ? some errors (bad notes, technics lack, and A BIG FALSE BEND) are always in.... must practice (as said Todd)

https://soundcloud.com/maxime-bon-3/test-lesson-minor-3

maybe the nicest solos and themes i have ever done....

i'll do not post anymore for this assignement, cause i cannot monopolise this Topic !

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Oct 17 2015, 07:41 PM

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Tom51
Oct 17 2015, 07:51 PM
Learning Roadie

Hello Laurent,
this is really outstanding. I like it VERY VERY much. Thank you.
Please continue sharing new takes. If I could I would do so also. But I still learn the scale and need some days before posting something.
But your take is great source of inspiration. So more please.... wink.gif

Cheers Tom

This post has been edited by Tom51: Oct 17 2015, 07:52 PM

+Quote Post
slickster
Oct 18 2015, 12:21 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 17 2015, 03:10 PM) *
Hi Laurent, except by two moments where you play A note and B note which aren't part of the scale, the overall sound good and connected with the backing. I recommend you to focus more on building phrases and give some clearer direction to your improvisation. It should be the next goal.

Hi friend! Please check this video and let me know if it helps to record your guitar videos:

About the Guitar Gym, this is not the right thread to talk about it, but let me say that the block 3 is based on a lesson and the link can be found there in the post. If you enter to the lesson you'll be able to see the instructor playing the exercises slowly with some extra explanations.

My bad on the post on block.
The video isn't playing...

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:50 PM