Needed Some Advice On Guitar N Amp Etc
dimarzio
Jul 31 2009, 09:21 PM
GMC:er
hello there....
i m lookin forward to buy a new guitar which ive come across a 7 string ibanez rg 1527m gw with maple neck and in my country this model isnt available so i cant test it .but only thing i wannet to know is that the edge pro 7 system is good ...becoz m only concerned with the tremolo system i want a good tremolo and a 7 string...
and about amps i dont have any clue which to choose peavey valve king 212 or any other just need a 50 or a 100 watt but mainly for heavy crunchy sound and a good clean sound!

any advice would be appreciated thanks! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Aug 1 2009, 01:37 PM
Learning Tone Master
As I said in the PM (thanks for asking personally^^):

The new RG 1527 with the maple fretboard and neck is a great guitar (like all prestige Ibanez guitars) with a great build quality, a good tremolo, a hardshell case and like all Ibanez guitars: it comes with Not-so-good stock pickups...
But that can be fixed easily!^^

I have played the guitar because I consider buying it myself and the Edge pro seven was really good; it has a low profile, it keeps the tuning very well and it can take some abuse like whammy divebombing without a problem.
(The fact that you hve 7 strings gives you more tension on the trem and it's a bit harder to operate than a six string tremolo)

The Peavey Valveking is a great tube amp considered the price you pay for it...
It's loud, it has a great clean channel and an overdrive channel suited for all kinds of rock (not so much metal imho)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:38 PM