My 4 Month Progress, new cd song clip
ballistic31
Sep 22 2007, 06:44 PM
GMC:er
Attached File  creeps_.mp3 ( 3.15MB ) Number of downloads: 351
Well guess it has bee 4 monthes cant realy be sure been pretty busy with a colab with marcus and the crew
That and laying tracks down for my new cd called TROY,,,,,,,,and wahoooo....finaly not to ashamed to put a few solos in the songs,,,,,,this is a song called creeps......I played drums and bass and of course guitar..no vocals yet till i get........some recording stuff that is not a demo and restricts me to limited use

but this was done in abelton live lite 4......The drum set i found and put back together it was at the dump.....god the things some people throw away...a lil paint some new heads and bingo.....and they dont sound half bad lol.............well enjoy the clip and any feed back is allways welcome

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
[size=3][b]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
visi0n
Sep 22 2007, 08:01 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
enjoyed listening to it .. smile.gif keep it up!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 22 2007, 09:13 PM
Instructor
Sounds cool!! smile.gif

You said you played drums..which mics have you used?
Thanks

Muris

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
ballistic31
Sep 23 2007, 10:28 AM
QUOTE (muris @ Sep 22 2007, 03:13 PM) *
Sounds cool!! smile.gif

You said you played drums..which mics have you used?
Thanks

Muris

hey muris im glad you enjoyed it.......I have been working with you lessons alot and they have helped me greatly thanks for the great lessons.......They have helped me out alot with timeing issues greatly....The mics i used was sennheiser e604 drum mics along with 2 sure sm57 mics and 2 akg condenser mics..i built a drum booth and foamed all the corners........glued all the plywood and it has bamboo flooring seems to add some good ambiance.......great tip i learned thru drumm player mag is when micing the drum kit try as best you can to dull all the reflective spaces........that will make the drums ring from there own precussion........makeing it almost imposiable to get a clean sound.........well hope this has helped you out ..................and thanks for the compliment it means alot comeing from you ...

--------------------
[size=3][b]

+Quote Post
NightFlight
Oct 3 2007, 06:43 PM
Very good work! Really like the transition out of the intro. Also, the work on that drum booth definitely paid off. You're getting a tight, clean, studio sound for sure. Would love to hear more of your original work.

As for your recording software dilemma, you should check out Reaper. It's fully functional, uncrippled shareware with lots of nice features typically found in more expensive sequencing/recording apps. Of course you should buy it if you like it, but in the meantime, you could thoroughly test it out to see if it will meet your needs.

The website is: http://reaper.fm

Several members around here use it. One thing I noticed immediately about Reaper is that it has a much smaller footprint than other apps like Sonar. It takes far less system resources, which may improve latency and minimize dropout. It's well worth your time to check it out.

Again, great work. Looking forward to hearing the next one.

--------------------
"Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately, it kills all it's students."

My Toys
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 Lead Series
Boss GT-6 Processor
...and other stuff. :-)

+Quote Post
ballistic31
Oct 5 2007, 04:08 PM
QUOTE (NightFlight @ Oct 3 2007, 12:43 PM) *
Very good work! Really like the transition out of the intro. Also, the work on that drum booth definitely paid off. You're getting a tight, clean, studio sound for sure. Would love to hear more of your original work.

As for your recording software dilemma, you should check out Reaper. It's fully functional, uncrippled shareware with lots of nice features typically found in more expensive sequencing/recording apps. Of course you should buy it if you like it, but in the meantime, you could thoroughly test it out to see if it will meet your needs.

The website is: http://reaper.fm

Several members around here use it. One thing I noticed immediately about Reaper is that it has a much smaller footprint than other apps like Sonar. It takes far less system resources, which may improve latency and minimize dropout. It's well worth your time to check it out.

Again, great work. Looking forward to hearing the next one.

Thanks for the compliment.means alot....recording to me is definatly a hobby that i enjoy along with working on the house and building stuff lol...I remember the days of the gararge band and the tape decks and then we got a 4 track we thought we ruled the world at that point lol

Then the toys got expensive with the digital set up....I tried out pro tools demo...that was one tricky program..abelton 4........very easy to use but somehow lacks somthing in the sound i think...tried cakewalk guitar tracks.......that was pretty cool....right now im playing with calkwalk music creator....definatly cheep money to buy...but seems to have great sound and features....I am going to load the full song creeps for you all to hear...pretty soon.just getting used to the new softwere ......but i will definatly take a look at reaper...............and give it a whirl.......thanks again for the feedback..........and if you have anything loaded let me know would love to take a listen

take care ............

--------------------
[size=3][b]

+Quote Post
jammer91
Oct 5 2007, 04:20 PM
Nice distortion (and amazing 4 month progress, youre better than me and ive been playing for bout a year).

Which amp you using?

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
ballistic31
Oct 6 2007, 01:39 PM
QUOTE (jammer91 @ Oct 5 2007, 10:20 AM) *
Nice distortion (and amazing 4 month progress, youre better than me and ive been playing for bout a year).

Which amp you using?

hi jammer well i have been playing for about 10 or 11 years. I came to the site to learn how to solo...and learn what cords i have been playing for years and never new what they where lol ....But the site has improved my skills in alot of ways timeing and controll....I was lacking them...in what i thought was minor ways......but come to find out major ways lol ....thanks for the compliment..... BTW,,,, The amp im useing is a amp in a way im useing a (pod xt live) with a patch i got from one of the instructors here at gmc....marcus lavendell.......I tweeked it a bit to get my own sound....pods in any form you buy is a very good investment...........but if you want to spend some big money.........but totaly well worth it the rocktron profecy 2 pre amp is awsome .......just listen to any of the instructor (muris) im pretty sure thats what he uses but dont quote me on it lol ................thanks and keep on with the lessons...and before you know it,,,,,,,,,,,you will be a great gutiar player just takes practice

take care and thanks again for the compliment

--------------------
[size=3][b]

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:38 PM