5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Creativity Workout 2021
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 26 2021, 12:44 AM
Instructor
Hello friends!

After receiving requests by Cael and Phil, I think that it's time to get back to the Creativity Workouts! biggrin.gif

In these workouts, we spend time to explore our spiritual side in order to activate our creativity. We've done many ones in the past and the results have been impressive.

How it works:

First, I'll share a powerful image.

Then, you have to musicalize it (using your deepest feelings) with a note, a chord, a noise, a melody, an unfinished idea, a song or whatever you can create. The creation (music) must be original, recorded by yourself and shared here.

Each of us has a different perception of reality and it will be interesting to see different GMC:ers create different musical ideas for the same image.

Then, I'll analyze the results, and give some feedback.

I will share the first pic soon.

Who is in?

EDIT:

FIRST IMAGE
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jun 28 2021, 04:30 AM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 26 2021, 01:24 AM
Learning Rock Star
100% in smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jun 26 2021, 08:04 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I think i will give it a try smile.gif
Depends on the time i got.
But if i manage to make time for it in definitely in smile.gif

Is it audio only because then it take up less time?

This post has been edited by tflava: Jun 26 2021, 08:08 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 26 2021, 09:44 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'm in I love them and they can be quite challenging but it's great to escape the confines of learning and just create something that doesn't necessarily have to be a structured musical piece but obviously it can be. I've posted some of mine below to give students an idea. I still like my clown one and the Lonely Desolation one though I was new to recording them and it's quite bass heavy in parts. One student used to play that every night after work to relax him, I was proud of that smile.gif

QUOTE (tflava @ Jun 26 2021, 08:04 AM) *

Yes mate they're audio only and can be as short or as long as you like.

Here are some of my examples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qs8KFPQBD8

https://youtu.be/gJmz25TsUhA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FYORFIBnAA

https://youtu.be/jiDgj_NrPW8

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jul 11 2021, 03:45 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 26 2021, 08:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jun 25 2021, 09:24 PM) *
100% in smile.gif

GREAT! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (tflava @ Jun 26 2021, 04:04 AM) *

Sure! There is no video needed here!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 26 2021, 05:44 AM) *
I'm in I love them and they can be quite challenging but it's great to escape the confines of learning and just create something that doesn't necessarily have to be a structured musical piece but obviously it can be. I've posted some of mine below to give students an idea. I still like my clown one and the Lonely Desolation one though I was new to recording them and it's quite bass heavy in parts. One student used to play that every night after work to relax him, I was proud of that smile.gif

Your work on previous workouts is beautiful. I'm eager to know what you compose this time.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 26 2021, 09:35 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 26 2021, 08:56 PM) *
Your work on previous workouts is beautiful. I'm eager to know what you compose this time.

Thank you for your kind words Gab. I do enjoy them and I know sometimes you didn't get my compositions until I explained what I was doing but it's all good to release creativity cool.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jun 27 2021, 10:04 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 28 2021, 04:29 AM
Instructor
FIRST IMAGE:

Photo shows doctor hug 'lonely' coronavirus patient on Thanksgiving.

Attached Image

Link to HQ image: HERE

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 28 2021, 07:34 AM
Wow, this is a tricky one. Time to get the thinking cap on.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 28 2021, 02:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 28 2021, 03:34 AM) *
Wow, this is a tricky one. Time to get the thinking cap on.

One thing that can help is to write down words, like hashtags that could work with the image. For example:

#loneliness
#lastchristmass
#grandpa
#hug
#love
#covid

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 28 2021, 03:45 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 28 2021, 02:14 PM) *
One thing that can help is to write down words, like hashtags that could work with the image. For example:

#loneliness
#lastchristmass
#grandpa
#hug
#love
#covid

I agree, I usually do that in my head and I usually have four targets:

1/A general feel like most of mine are.

2/The individual feelings (like your list) giving music that leads to a climax related to the whole image

3/ The whole image is the inspiration for the beginning with the individual feelings leading to a ride out in the piece, kinda like having the climax at the beginning.

4/ A story, which are much harder but my Evil Clown one is an example.

I'm hoping all of this will help people new to this awesome workshop.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jun 28 2021, 06:38 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 28 2021, 05:17 PM
Instructor
That's an interesting approach Phil. It's not the idea of this workout to get into tricky theory but it could be also cool to write a chord type, guitar effect, scale or mode that could reflect each of those targets. Don't you think so?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 28 2021, 06:44 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 28 2021, 05:17 PM) *
That's an interesting approach Phil. It's not the idea of this workout to get into tricky theory but it could be also cool to write a chord type, guitar effect, scale or mode that could reflect each of those targets. Don't you think so?

Yes that could be good if someone works lie that and understands theory.

I have to say that I done incorporate all four targets into one piece, I try to end up with one.

Something is starting to develop in my head, I'll see what happens, it usually takes a couple of days for my subconscious to find a starting point.

I'm thinking Bm7 for the initial part wink.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 28 2021, 10:32 PM
Instructor
I like a Bm7 chord for this one. I've tried it followed by this Bm7add9, and It worked great.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 28 2021, 10:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 28 2021, 11:32 PM) *
I like a Bm7 chord for this one. I've tried it followed by this Bm7add9, and It worked great.

Changing the 5th (F#) for a G in both the Bm7 and Bm7add9 chords give a nice sound too.

X 2 5 2 3 X

X 2 5 2 2 X

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 28 2021, 10:51 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 29 2021, 08:09 AM
I usually use Bm7 as an open chord, to me it sounds a little darker somehow, maybe my ears trick me.

Maybe we could do a creativity collab and those that want to can also have their own project smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jun 29 2021, 08:50 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 29 2021, 02:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 29 2021, 04:09 AM) *
I usually use Bm7 as an open chord, to me it sounds a little darker somehow, maybe my ears trick me.

Maybe we could do a creativity collab and those that want to can also have their own project smile.gif

This sounds good! I'll start something based on this and maybe we can make a song together. And off course, everybody is invited to join as it happens in GMC Collabs.

Are you referring to this chord?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 29 2021, 02:51 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 29 2021, 02:00 PM) *
This sounds good! I'll start something based on this and maybe we can make a song together. And off course, everybody is invited to join as it happens in GMC Collabs.

Are you referring to this chord?

Yes Gab,

That's the one, it sounds so sad to my ears, especially on acoustic. I've started building my entry but if the collab version gets going I'll join in that too wink.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 29 2021, 03:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 29 2021, 10:51 AM) *
Yes Gab,

That's the one, it sounds so sad to my ears, especially on acoustic. I've started building my entry but if the collab version gets going I'll join in that too wink.gif

Cheers

Cool Phil! Can't wait to hear your entry. smile.gif

I'm working on something as well...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 29 2021, 04:59 PM
Instructor
I have something! Check the video to see the recording process.

Attached File  Creativity_Idea.mp3 ( 533.69K ) Number of downloads: 245

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:56 PM