suggestions for new equiptment
redsoxfan92490
Jul 9 2006, 01:48 AM
GMC:er
ok, ive been playing for 1 and 1/2 years now and i think i need to upgrade my equiptment. my first guitar that i am currently using is a peavy predator ce95. i bought it used for 100$ the amp is also peavy, peavy transtube 11o efx combo, (40 watt). i dont know anything about makers or styles except that fender is very popular for beginner guitarists. i dont know any thing about amps.

so a year and a half. ive improved so much since i started purchasing kristofers stuff, (masterclass, STT, Qickstart, and freelicks)

i can improvise easily and its sounds good. i know all of the pentatonic licks that kristofer has in hammet and slash and blues, (except the insanly fast speed picking). for speed picking i can sound really good at 85 or 90 bps and ok at 100. im starting to work on legato stuff and can do some simple ho/po runs.

so the question im asking is, what style or kind of guitar should i get. is my amp fine? should i get some pedals, ( i have none)

all suggestions would be appreciated

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rob_g
Jul 9 2006, 04:05 AM
a pedal would be a good idea. I would suggest a digitech rp200a. That was my first pedal and I still use it. Even though I have a pod xtlive. You can get some great tones out of it and the drum machine is great too. And if you want to hear it just go to the knockin on heavens door lesson. ( I used a phaser effect)

And for guitars it depends on your budget and your style of music.

And for amps I would suggest a tubed combo. But it also depends on your budget once again.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Liam
Jul 9 2006, 11:33 AM
Buy a guitar you like ...

You go in to guitar -shop and you see this guitar and your in :>
Then you see the price and then you go >:<

+Quote Post
redsoxfan92490
Jul 9 2006, 05:41 PM
my budget on a guitar is 2 to 4 hundred (id probably try to rade in the old one). for amps, aobut the same. pedals i dont really care as long as i get a good sound. oh yeah, what kind of petal would give me the smooth sound of Pink Flyod and Queen? i cant get anything close to it with my amp.

+Quote Post
Rob_g
Jul 9 2006, 05:56 PM
this amp is quite good for the price.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Pea...-Amp?sku=481442

I tried out the valveking head and cab and I should be picking it up soon.

And I guess for guitars you would have to try them out.

ANd this is the pedal I suggested

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dig...sor?sku=150183V

+Quote Post
sanders4617
Jul 9 2006, 06:37 PM
You also might want to check out the Boss ME-50.. You can usually grab it off Ebay for about $100 cheaper than retail. Retail is $299.99. There is a lot of information about it.. go to musician friend or even the Boss website.

--------------------

+Quote Post
redsoxfan92490
Jul 10 2006, 03:02 AM
well, thanks for your help. that pedal looks sick. 12 sounds? id have to try our something like it before i bought it. anyway, now i really need new equiptment. my guitar and amp have loose conections. so i borrowed my neighbors guitar and amp for the time being. but the funny thing is, his stuff isnt as good as mine, at least i dont think his amp is, but the sound is way better. he has the fender startup kit (im sure uve seen it before). blue fender squire strat CE (or something like that) and a fender frontmans 15g amp. ive been messing around with the settings and the distortion on the little thing is amazing! its so much more punchier and powerfull then my peavy. also i think the guitar is better. how come?

+Quote Post
Aim sniff
Dec 12 2006, 05:35 PM
Epiphone is a pretty good brand, that was my second guitar and I still use it as my main.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:20 PM