Keith Richards, Any thoughts?
J.E.
Nov 5 2008, 03:33 PM
GMC:er
Hi i just thought id pop in and make a thread about Keith Richards, i want your oppionion on his style of playing, persona or whatever. Cheers! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Can you imagine?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 5 2008, 03:39 PM
How is he not dead yet biggrin.gif That is my thought smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Nov 5 2008, 03:40 PM
I LOVE Keith Richards, one of my biggest influences, in terms of Chord progressions and the like, really one of my favorite guitarists. I love the Stones, And their still one of my favorite bands. Let It Bleed is one of the greatest rock records ever.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
rokchik
Nov 5 2008, 06:44 PM
The Dark Canuck
LOVE Keith and LOVE The Stones.

Just his overall approach to playing, chord progressions, alternate tunings etc. is so creative and interesting. And when you hear the first note of Paint it Black, or Sympathy for the Devil how could you just not appreciate the song writing. As OC says though, it's amazing he's still with us let alone still rocking smile.gif I saw The Stones live a couple of years ago and it is probably the best concert I was ever at.

rok

+Quote Post
fkalich
Nov 5 2008, 07:11 PM
QUOTE (Jarl Emil @ Nov 5 2008, 09:33 AM) *
Hi i just thought id pop in and make a thread about Keith Richards, i want your oppionion on his style of playing, persona or whatever. Cheers! smile.gif

He was quite creative in his time. He was known for coming up with some simple thing, a lick, and turning it into the basis of a song. Keep in mind that some of the things he did were quite innovative at the time, and imitated later, so unless you look at it that way, you won't fully appreciate him for his contributions.

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Nov 5 2008, 09:39 AM) *
How is he not dead yet biggrin.gif That is my thought smile.gif

He should leave his corpse to science, to study his genes. Other people eat nothing but vegetables, get regular exercise, and drop dead at 40. And look at Keith, after all he has subjected his body to, he is like the duracell Bunny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYPuN6wJC9E...feature=related

+Quote Post
Pavlov
Nov 5 2008, 08:23 PM
Paint it Black and Sympathy for the Devil are some of my favourite ever songs. How could I not love his playing? He's amazing and one of the reasons I picked up the guitar, hoping to one day play Paint It, Black and the Sympathy for the Devil solo.

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Nov 5 2008, 08:28 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Awesome guitarist smile.gif

+Quote Post
Noangels
Nov 5 2008, 11:19 PM
Great player and song writer,I like Ronnie Wood too-there stuff is actualy harder to play than it looks and sounds.lol
we all need to know a few stones tracks to play at parties if theres a guitar lying around with rusty strings on it with action high enough to give your fingers vertigo.

I prefer the stones to the beatles,there more hard edged and are still around after all these years!Amazing when you think about it

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:21 PM