Havin Trouble Muting, whilst using a slide
slash85
Sep 10 2007, 04:06 PM
GMC:er
gday mates,

hey im in the midst of learning rocket queen from gnr which has a solo using just a slide in it..........now its quite the same palm muting the lower string but when it comes to muting the higher string g b and e where u would normally use the bottom of yur fretting hand fingers im finding it hard coz the slide is on the finger and covers all the strings so i cant mute em....i have the slide on my ring finger and im assuming that u would use the middle or index fingers to do the muting of the higher strings....is this the right way to mute using a slide?

cheers mates

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
DEFENDER OF THE FAITH \m/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
MickeM
Sep 10 2007, 04:30 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (slash85 @ Sep 10 2007, 05:06 PM) *
im finding it hard coz the slide is on the finger and covers all the strings so i cant mute em

I suck a slide guitar but I dont think the slide should cover all the strings, i.e. press em all at the same time.
Whenever I'm playing slide (which is not often) it's with high action, low action is impossible for me - just gives me a wall of noice.
Not too hard preassure on the strings. Same there, when I press too hard it's just a wall of noice.
Muting with slide hand fingers, difficult to do but really helps to isolate the sound from one string.

I'd like to see more slide lessons. There's one from musris but I'd want to see true beginners lessons aswell.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:05 AM