Bandcamp
The Uncreator
Dec 21 2011, 07:33 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I am sure a lot of people know about this, but I just got mine setup as I am trying to finish this EP by the end of January. This is a great little (free) tool for making a professional looking setup for people to buy and download your music, so I'd thought I share it.

http://lascaillesshroud.bandcamp.com/

If anyone has one, post here so we can DL/Purchase some stuff from ya smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
Dec 21 2011, 08:30 PM
Learning Roadie
Awesome! Bookmarked.
I currently do not have one, but have you heard of WideK or KreepMaster?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 21 2011, 08:42 PM
Yeah I have WideK's "Multiverse" and I just heard Kreepmaster a few days ago from another thread on GMC smile.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Dec 22 2011, 01:50 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Dec 21 2011, 01:42 PM) *
Yeah I have WideK's "Multiverse" and I just heard Kreepmaster a few days ago from another thread on GMC smile.gif

Awesome then. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 22 2011, 02:00 AM
Instructor
that's really good thank you!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
thefireball
Dec 22 2011, 03:28 AM
Learning Roadie
So how come some songs are available to download and some are not?

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 22 2011, 03:51 AM
Instructor
Thanks, I will check that out.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 22 2011, 09:43 AM
Instructor
I shall place the Voodoo album on bandcamp then biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 22 2011, 12:21 PM
GMC:er
Great idea mate!!
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 22 2011, 06:47 PM
Instructor
Interesting idea indeed, thanks for sharing this! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 22 2011, 08:33 PM
QUOTE (thefireball @ Dec 21 2011, 11:28 PM) *
So how come some songs are available to download and some are not?

On mine? or in general?

You can set which songs are available for single purchase/ DL or whatever. So an artist could set an entire album up for $5, then have 3 of the 5 songs available for individual download for $1 each, thus creating an incentive to buy the whole album for the other two songs.

Or something like that

+Quote Post
thefireball
Dec 22 2011, 08:40 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Dec 22 2011, 01:33 PM) *
On mine? or in general?

You can set which songs are available for single purchase/ DL or whatever. So an artist could set an entire album up for $5, then have 3 of the 5 songs available for individual download for $1 each, thus creating an incentive to buy the whole album for the other two songs.

Or something like that

Well I notice only one song is available on yours. But I don't see a way to download the 2. And on this guy's bandcamp, I don't see a way to download anything.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 22 2011, 09:25 PM
Mine will be only one song available to download until 01/31/2012 - and the EP will be steadily updated until then. All of it will be up probably for a week or so for streaming, then everything will be up for DL on the 31st of Jan.

The guy you posted looks like he isnt selling his music, just using it as a medium to stream music.

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Dec 22 2011, 11:04 PM
Instructor
Very useful share ,thanks man smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Dec 23 2011, 01:44 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Dec 22 2011, 02:25 PM) *
Mine will be only one song available to download until 01/31/2012 - and the EP will be steadily updated until then. All of it will be up probably for a week or so for streaming, then everything will be up for DL on the 31st of Jan.

The guy you posted looks like he isnt selling his music, just using it as a medium to stream music.

Okay thanks for the info! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 23 2011, 11:11 AM
Instructor
Thanks for this info Brett.. I'm considering using this when I've got my stuff ready to go smile.gif

Just out of interest, and this is to Brett, Cosmin and anyone else who promotes their own music: Do you find it more efficient and helpful to just concentrate your music promo in just a couple key areas, so it's easier to direct people to places they can buy/download your music ? Or do you believe in just putting it out everywhere, in as many places as you can ?

I must admit, I'm a bit overwhelemed by too many choices/possibilities. I would just like to have a clear plan of action that I can keep track of easily smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 23 2011, 01:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 23 2011, 10:11 AM) *
Thanks for this info Brett.. I'm considering using this when I've got my stuff ready to go smile.gif

Just out of interest, and this is to Brett, Cosmin and anyone else who promotes their own music: Do you find it more efficient and helpful to just concentrate your music promo in just a couple key areas, so it's easier to direct people to places they can buy/download your music ? Or do you believe in just putting it out everywhere, in as many places as you can ?

I must admit, I'm a bit overwhelemed by too many choices/possibilities. I would just like to have a clear plan of action that I can keep track of easily smile.gif

Mate I am also pretty new to this and your question makes A LOT of sense. In my opinion, it is best to see which are the most popular and used channels for buying/ downloading and use those, pushing as hard as you can.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Dec 23 2011, 01:20 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 23 2011, 10:11 AM) *
... Do you find it more efficient and helpful to just concentrate your music promo in just a couple key areas, so it's easier to direct people to places they can buy/download your music ? Or do you believe in just putting it out everywhere, in as many places as you can ?

It kind of depends on whether you want to retain control over all of it or if you are happy to let others manage it.

If it's the former then it's almost certainly more efficient to target a small number of key areas. At the moment there are literally thousands of sites where you can distribute and/or promote your material - many though may lack relevance.

If it's the latter than what is important is using a good digital redistributor who will promote appropriately and manage that properly. With re-distributors the issue very often is that you are just one client amongst many and so you do not get a personal and customised service. The upside of course is that you don't have to worry about getting the matieral out there, collecting payments and monitoring sales. A redistributor will also of course expect some form of payment.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 23 2011, 01:38 PM
Its hard for me to say. I work full time, and right when I get home, I take my wife to work, and in between the time before I get her I usually just like to relax. I find it hard at all to do any real promoting work. As much as I'd like too, my weekends I just want to relax.

So the hardest part for me is actually doing it laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:50 PM