2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Job For A Cowboy, DEATH METAL!!
The Uncreator
Mar 2 2008, 10:39 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
So hey guys, Just wanted to see if we got any JFAC fans here, I only really like there new stuff, anything from "Genesis", actually thats all i like, But feel free to discuss all there songs here!

Heres a cool vid, cool.gif

Job For A Cowboy - Embedded

I wonder who will put up the spongebob video first......

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Mar 2 2008, 11:18 PM
GMC:er
Meh, I can't really get into that genre. It always seems like they don't know how to build up songs or anything, and 90% of the time it seems their songwriting skills are pretty bad.

For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw7YsZFksBQ.

Perfect example of a song that has failed to build up to anything. The whole thing is just heavy riff one after the other with unaudible growls over them with the bass drum going 200 mph.

However, their new stuff is OK. Like that video you posted.

Heres a song that takes too long too build up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1W56jrTF98

I prefer this much more though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIPVlErQIlg

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by shellshock1911: Mar 2 2008, 11:19 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 2 2008, 11:20 PM
Well like i said, i dont like there old stuff, There new stuff is more structured and easier on the ears, plus there is no Pig squeels, which i hate dearly.

Necrophagist > Breathing smile.gif

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Mar 2 2008, 11:27 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 2 2008, 11:20 PM) *
Well like i said, i dont like there old stuff, There new stuff is more structured and easier on the ears, plus there is no Pig squeels, which i hate dearly.

Necrophagist > Breathing smile.gif

Yea, I agree. Either way, JFAC stands between me and COB/In Flames/Megadeth, so I'll be seeing them live on April 20th.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 2 2008, 11:34 PM
And ill let you know, there live performance is amazing, very strong presence, and just amazingly fun!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 3 2008, 01:06 AM
metal.. im seeing these guys with gigantour... smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 3 2008, 01:09 AM
I don't think these are death metal but I'm not going into that again lol.

I think they're alright. Danced to them a few times at rock nights as they have some cool riffs.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 3 2008, 01:28 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Mar 2 2008, 07:09 PM) *
I don't think these are death metal but I'm not going into that again lol.

I think they're alright. Danced to them a few times at rock nights as they have some cool riffs.

danced? to.. this? man.. your dances must be awsome biggrin.gif.. maybe u think they are more of a grindcore/ deathcore band? this is what i consider death metal biggrin.gif but lets not argue.. im just curious as to what you would call them ? smile.gif

--------------------
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 3 2008, 01:55 AM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Mar 3 2008, 12:28 AM) *
danced? to.. this? man.. your dances must be awsome biggrin.gif.. maybe u think they are more of a grindcore/ deathcore band? this is what i consider death metal biggrin.gif but lets not argue.. im just curious as to what you would call them ? smile.gif

Metalcore/Mathcore. Like Despised Icon and Red Chord etc. Well it isn't really dancing lol. Ballroom dance to that lol or a nice waltz biggrin.gif Just go crazy and jump around like a mad man possessed biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 3 2008, 02:17 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Mar 3 2008, 12:28 AM) *
grindcore/ deathcore

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Mar 3 2008, 12:55 AM) *
Metalcore/Mathcore

blink.gif I`m getting old! laugh.gif what happened to straight forward, Rock, Heavy Rock, Heavy Metal and Thrash laugh.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 3 2008, 02:19 AM
The genre trees are stupid now but they are really useful when explaining a band. Obviously they are all under the Heavy Metal Branch

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 3 2008, 02:49 AM
I would only classify there new album as Death Metal, there older stuff, Not so much,

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Mar 3 2008, 12:13 PM

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 3 2008, 03:21 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 2 2008, 04:39 PM) *
I wonder who will put up the spongebob video first......

you mean this one?

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 3 2008, 03:34 AM
biggrin.gif awsome biggrin.gif.. yea lets just call it.. heavy heavy metal biggrin.gif

--------------------
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Mar 3 2008, 03:35 AM
Learning Rock Star
Smikey, where are you seeing Gigantour? smile.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 3 2008, 04:12 AM
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Mar 2 2008, 09:35 PM) *
Smikey, where are you seeing Gigantour? smile.gif

heh im coming up to london smile.gif may 1 smile.gif 5:30pm well.. gunna arive more like 10am biggrin.gif missed out on getting tickets in Toronto so got general admission to the JLC smile.gif

--------------------
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Mar 3 2008, 04:15 AM
Learning Rock Star
Ahh man me to! smile.gif General admission JLC May 1st! smile.gif Im not going to school that day, wakin up and going to wait in line smile.gif Maybe we can have a meet up wink.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
VinceG
Mar 3 2008, 06:56 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Mar 3 2008, 06:19 AM) *
The genre trees are stupid now but they are really useful when explaining a band. Obviously they are all under the Heavy Metal Branch

I've always just branched every metal sub genre as just plain Metal. Heavy Metal, as I like to think of, is a sub genre of Metal. Sound wise, you can't compare bands like Diamond Head or Maiden (NWOBHM) to stuff like Primal Fear or umm Manowar or any band that is in the vein of Heavy Metal.

But going back to the topic, I've always found JFAC annoying, especially the fans in my school. Skill wise, there pretty ok deathcore band.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 3 2008, 10:50 AM
Metal is a sub branch of rock also. On the layer below rock.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 3 2008, 12:14 PM
Go far enough back and every thing is a sub branch of blues and jazz, the roots baby cool.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:14 PM