Does Anyone Else Besides Me Have The Incredibly Loud "are You Ready?!" Video On The Startup Screen All Of A Sudden?
Praetorian
Dec 28 2009, 02:12 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
It hasn't been active on the initial screen since I joined...suddenly, everytime I go to the site it is screaming at me! I am logged in, and remain so even after I get off the computer. When I come back, I am still logged in, but the welcome video plays anyway. Am I the only one?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Dec 28 2009, 02:26 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Hmm... happened to me once yesterday.. but just once and never before/again since I came first time.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
twist
Dec 28 2009, 03:01 AM
GMC:er
Does that for me too....

update: On the third reload it stopped...

This post has been edited by twist: Dec 28 2009, 03:02 AM

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 28 2009, 03:07 AM
Instructor
Sometimes plays sometimes not. and yes it's very loud smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Dec 28 2009, 03:20 AM
yep.... I've changed my home page/ login page to a different screen 'cause it's kinda scarry huh.gif

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Dec 28 2009, 04:10 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Sometimes, I get it. No offence, Kris, but when I see the visual, I try and shut off speakers before it loads, only because it's pretty loud when it comes on.

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Dec 28 2009, 04:31 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hasn't happened to me...so far!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Dec 28 2009, 08:46 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Have it back on my homepage... Kris scares me every time I open GMC. smile.gif

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 28 2009, 05:46 PM
Instructor
incredibly loud! I love that little solo though biggrin.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Dec 28 2009, 07:34 PM
Instructor
yes, it´s very loud, I think you hear it the most of times you are not logged in.

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Dec 28 2009, 07:40 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Dec 28 2009, 01:34 PM) *
yes, it´s very loud, I think you hear it the most of times you are not logged in.

Strange thing is...I have been logged in continuously and it started playing the other day...while I am logged in!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
MickeM
Dec 28 2009, 10:03 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Wasn't Kris working on a "logged in" cookie? I recall there was something when one had to log in every time to reach the forum. Could be something with that cookie that's failing?

... or he just want us to not forget. Could it even be Mr Guitartube who played a prank on us?

+Quote Post
mattias_farm
Dec 30 2009, 05:02 PM
Hi there guys, I've added a check so that already logged in members will never see the video of Kris rocking on the frontpage.

As reported some people seem to have issues with the cookie that verifies if the video has already been shown.

So hopefully you guys can peek back the frontpage with less fear of Kris and his mighty solo. And remember you can always log out if you miss the video =)

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------------
Mattias, assisting developer of Guitarmasterclass.net

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 31 2009, 02:19 AM
Instructor
Every week or so I have to dust my speakers a bit, and when I don't want to bother with cloth and chemicals, I erase the cookie, and log in. After Kris's video, there is no more dust, it is on the floor, shaken from sonic vibrations. All I have to do is vacuum clean the place down. cool.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Boson
Dec 31 2009, 05:58 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Sometimes this has caught me out when I have had a sneaky look at GMC whilst at work.

Its a bit emarrasing when all of a sudden Kris yells out ""ARE YOU READY...." and everyone looks around!! tongue.gif

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:47 AM