Help With Legato
crazyfreestyler5...
Apr 22 2007, 02:29 AM
GMC:er
Im having trouble with legato. I just started for about two days on this and my problem is I cant seem to get a consistance loud sound with my hammered ons and pulled offs. It comes and goes. I tried hammering on harder but that didnt help. Any ideas?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan
Apr 22 2007, 03:13 AM
its probably ur pull-offs..biggrin.gif....i had troubles like that..before....yea can only hammer on..so hard......but pulling off.yea....that was my troubles...try pulling a lil bit more...on the string..and that might help..if not..well then im out of ideas!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
spdalton
Apr 22 2007, 03:14 AM
If you want to hear them better then turn up the gain and volume.
This won't fix your technique however.
You just have to keep practicing slowley and eventually your fingers will build up more strength and accuracy.
If you are getting it right sometimes, then look at what you're doing when that happens and try and recreate it, maybe video yourself to see what is happening.

Hope this helps.

edit- yea good point Ryan with the pulloffs, make sure that you're not just lifting you're finger directly off, you need to pull it down parralel with the guitar neck a little bit so it rings after you let it flick back.

This post has been edited by spdalton: Apr 22 2007, 03:17 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way

http://www.myspace.com/cashnz

+Quote Post
crazyfreestyler5...
Apr 22 2007, 03:34 AM
Thanks for the replies

+Quote Post
crazyfreestyler5...
Apr 23 2007, 07:16 PM
my problem was my pull offs. thanks for your help. getting better at them

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 26 2007, 12:05 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Well make sure when you hammer on youre doing it with force and when you pull off, dont just lift your finger off the fretboard, "Pull down off the string" , if that makes any sense, the force of your finger snapping off the string will produce a louder, more audible noise.

+Quote Post
crazyfreestyler5...
Apr 26 2007, 07:04 PM
I just realized that my hammered ons were weak too. I guess I just have to work on strengthening my fingers. Thanks For the help

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:42 AM