Fingers, Picks, Or Fingerpicks?
Bear Rose
Feb 7 2011, 05:37 PM
Beginner Instructor
Hey GMC!

I'm curious to see what everyone started out using when you started guitar. Did you strum/pick with your fingers? Did you start out with a pick? Or did you go for the hybrid of fingerpicks?

Personally I started out with fingers. My guitar teacher when I started only taught me fingerpicking style acoustic songs, so I learned to do that, and then learned to strum with my thumb and first finger.

Later when I started learning songs that were more my style, I started using a pick as well and now I much prefer the pick to the fingers. Though I'm extremely grateful for my foundation in fingerpicking because it helps me in many ways in my playing today.

What did you start out with, and what do you prefer to use currently?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Vaidya
Feb 7 2011, 05:42 PM
Learning Roadie
I started off with a pick.But I learnt to fingerpick later.I'm quite comfortable with both,but I cant use them together tongue.gif
I need to learn hybrid picking soon smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
Feb 9 2011, 09:27 PM
Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Vaidya @ Feb 7 2011, 01:42 PM) *
I started off with a pick.But I learnt to fingerpick later.I'm quite comfortable with both,but I cant use them together tongue.gif
I need to learn hybrid picking soon smile.gif

Hybrid picking is some tough stuff. I've been using it more and more recently in my playing and I'm starting to feel somewhat comfortable with it.

+Quote Post
dark dude
Feb 9 2011, 10:42 PM
GMC:er
Started with picking, nothing has changed. Picking works just fine for the music I want to play smile.gif

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Feb 9 2011, 10:44 PM
GMC:er
my teacher at the very started made me worked with both fingers and pick but i am more of a pick gguitar player

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 31 2011, 08:32 PM
Instructor
I started with fingers, cause I didn't know what the pick was. laugh.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
quadrium
Mar 31 2011, 08:37 PM
Learning Tone Master
I started with fingers and i played that way for a long time cause i couldn't use the pick properly. But after sometime i got used to play with pick smile.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:53 PM