2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Shredcast!, A Christmas Present for all GMC:ers!
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 24 2008, 04:22 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Well, the holidays are starting, the snow lies deep on the ground, now is a time to contemplate the year and be with family ... but, don't forget about your guitar, and don't forget about your GMC family either!

As a special Christmas Present to help you all celebrate and to make sure you don't forget GMC over the Christmas period, I would like to announce the inaugural

ShredCast!

What is a ShredCast I hear you ask? Click and find out - stick it on your iPod to listen to while you are round at Aunt Jemima's house watching her try on her new slippers, or listen to it in the privacy of your own home on your computer. Either way it is guaranteed to change your life! (Well a little anyway).

We hope that you enjoy this and if you all like it we'll make it a regular thing cool.gif

Happy shredding and a Happy holiday to all of you whether you celebrate Christmas or not!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slammer
Dec 24 2008, 04:25 PM
GMC:er
Awesome Andrew!! Good Job.

BTW the interview with Kris RULES!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Slammer: Dec 24 2008, 04:42 PM

+Quote Post
Tolek
Dec 24 2008, 04:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks a lot, man. smile.gif I´m gonna listen to it later. smile.gif

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Dec 24 2008, 04:37 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Awesome idea!!! smile.gif

Keep them coming!

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 24 2008, 04:47 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
woo hoo, thought I was gunna have to wait till tomoz biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
DragonX556
Dec 24 2008, 04:51 PM
GMC:er
Great idea! Thanks for taking the time to do this! "If I Could Fly" is one of my favorite songs at the moment too!

This post has been edited by DragonX556: Dec 24 2008, 04:52 PM

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Dec 24 2008, 05:11 PM
Andrew-

Can you please ask about the hair next time? tongue.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 24 2008, 05:16 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Awesome job Andrew, very well put together. smile.gif I would certainly be interested in future podcasts.

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Dec 24 2008, 05:30 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
The shredcast is pretty cool, thanks Andrew smile.gif .... it's really cool to listen to it it's like listening to the radio smile.gif

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Dec 24 2008, 05:32 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Great job Andrew smile.gif I was certainly surprised by the ending. Thank you wink.gif

I would also like to see more of these in the future. Perhaps on a monthly bases you could do this and keep us all updated with whats going on. Very informative.

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Dec 24 2008, 05:33 PM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Dec 24 2008, 05:39 PM
Well done!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 24 2008, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys!

We'll give it a few days then I'll launch a poll and suggestions thread to see how people want this to develop in the future smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 24 2008, 06:21 PM
Instructor
Great work Andrew!
Another step forward for GMC wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 24 2008, 06:21 PM
GMC Founder
Great to hear you liked it! biggrin.gif I was a bit nervous about the interview...

Looking forward to more of these. I really think Andrew did an awesome job in tying together all the community things we got going on...hats off! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Dec 24 2008, 06:34 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Very cool item guys! A+!!!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Bondy
Dec 24 2008, 06:57 PM
Learning Roadie
This is AWESOME this is why G.M.C is the best guitar website ever

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Dec 24 2008, 07:00 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
It's so cool!!!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 24 2008, 07:13 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Brilliant, loved it, the interview with Kris was excellent! great one mate, thanks for the plug! biggrin.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 24 2008, 07:23 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 24 2008, 12:21 PM) *
Great to hear you liked it! biggrin.gif I was a bit nervous about the interview...

Looking forward to more of these. I really think Andrew did an awesome job in tying together all the community things we got going on...hats off! biggrin.gif

Thanks Kris smile.gif

I was nervous about the interview too - I never did one before, but it went pretty well - I thought we might have to do it again if we messed it up but it all went through first time smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
rokchik
Dec 24 2008, 07:51 PM
The Dark Canuck
Awesome Andrew smile.gif I've listened to a bit of it and you did an amazing job. Gonna download to my iPod so I have something to listen to at work tomorrow.

rok

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:10 PM