3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Stop Time Blues Collaboration!, VIDEO COMMENTS & FINAL MIX
berko
Feb 5 2009, 03:13 PM
GMC:er
I've just watched your comments on my take and I must say I'm really impressed! So many great advices for a blues-freshman like me rolleyes.gif You were right about style in general because I've focused on technique and shredding and progressive metal in the last couple of months and even though the raw blues (BB King etc) is one of my favourites to listen to, I'm still just tasting this whole new world (and ofc the springboard for it is your great set of blues lessons biggrin.gif)

So I was like playing along with you in the video and so this way of giving comments proved to be much more efficient (I even broke a month-old string though dry.gif laugh.gif ). Even the room buzzing seem to have disappeared - did you do some additional settings? If so, the audio quality of these vids got better IMO.

Yes I'm aware about the vibrato-issue as well. Will be working on that.

I thought you'll comment on the sound because it turned out to be a bit like a blues-rock tone (especially the finishing chords). It was my Toneport and my rhythm hi-output schecter humbucker - and it was not an easy task to reconcile the two. laugh.gif

To be honest, for the first listening I had literally no idea what do with such a track that includes the stop-time effect, a hammond organ and even a drumroll at the very end. This was actually my first blues solo ever recorded (apart from some silly improvising over blues-ballad style BTs).

So if I proved to be "creative" overall then I'm more than happy with it! THanks for your time and effort, I know that uploading a 10 min long vid to YT may take a whole afternoon not mentioning the rendering of the vid and all that stuff.

I hope I'll make it to participate in your next collab!

Thanks again Ivan
cheers smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 5 2009, 08:24 PM
Instructor
Hey thanks man, I hope you found some stuff useful from the comments. I'm still learning to record these comments, and my english is not very good, but I hope all the things were understood. You played very good this collab and showed some very good skills, not rushing away but playing everything as clean and precise which I think is a great quality!

Regarding your tone, I think it is great, so I didn't actually had any comments on how to make it better - this is what I thought when I said it in the video comment. So excellent sound, nice and smooth. WHen I listened to the guitar without the backing in some parts there were some strings ringing so my only advice could be about muting nothing else. Preset is excellent.

Cheers mate, I hope to see you on the next collab! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Feb 6 2009, 08:51 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Is there gonna be a final mix?

Great work Ivan!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 6 2009, 10:01 PM
Instructor
Of course Kaz! smile.gif Will do the final mix after all the comments are complete. Next comment is recorded and should be live tomorrow around noon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sted
Feb 7 2009, 11:49 AM
Learning Rock Star
w!ow! I think Ivan has set the bar even higher with the standard and professionalism of his commentary, i am devastated i didnt take part in this as blues is my first love, hopefully be on board next time!
I found all the comments had relevance to what i try to play so i really think this is an invaluable method of critique, i hope to see the other instructors adopting these methods as much as possible. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 7 2009, 11:52 AM
Instructor
Thanks mate! I hope the comments can help a bit. smile.gif More comments coming up, so stay tuned! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 10 2009, 11:09 AM
Instructor
One more comment done guys, check it out! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
Feb 10 2009, 07:38 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Feb 10 2009, 10:09 AM) *
One more comment done guys, check it out! smile.gif

Thanks Ivan, I'm checking it out now. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 11 2009, 01:19 AM
Instructor
Great! smile.gif Let me know if there's anything I can help, or if you have any suggestion for future comments.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Feb 15 2009, 11:21 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Ivan,

I guess you are quite busy at the moment, but I was wondering when the remainder of the comments will be online (no rush, just curiosity smile.gif).

Cheers!

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 16 2009, 01:54 AM
Instructor
Many apologies for the delay man, I'm having a whole day rehearsal tomorrow, but will try to record comment in the evening and upload it! I know I'm really late with the rest of the comments, but they will all be recorded thoroughly! smile.gif

Thanks for your patience guys! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Feb 16 2009, 01:54 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 22 2009, 04:35 PM
Instructor
Another video comment added! Others are (finally!) in progress and will be updating this thread regularly until the end of the month with new ones.

--------------------

+Quote Post
enforcer
Feb 22 2009, 09:05 PM
Thank you Ivan for the comments! You did a hell of a job! Great work!

About Video, I really would like to have a plongee type lamp as you mentioned, but I really had only one spot that I could move, other than that I had to count on my room lamp biggrin.gif I forgot to cover the backing with curtain, but I had to return the camera asap so I couldnt take another shot smile.gif So, really everything happened in a rough 10 mins, so I had to do my best for that limited time laugh.gif

About the downwards bend technique, really, I hadnt noticed this before you mentioned it bro, really that will be something I will keep my attention on, because, as you mentioned, upwards bend has so many benefits at that position that it is unwise to go to other way... Meditate on this I will biggrin.gif

About the composition, you are right, it is a little bit weak too for my taste, I must confess, I didnt spend a single minute to analyze the backing, not because I am lazy, but because I had to finish up with this in 10 mins. It was all improvised, so I am guilty as charged... But I noted your comments and suggestions, and I am sure they will help me a lot for the next collab...

About the sound, GOTCHA! that was PodxtPro biggrin.gif It sounds good isnt it? And I am well avare of the reverb monstriosity in there, I accidentally forgot a crappy room reverb insert from a starting project that I had before in Cubase, curiously I didnt notice it till long after I uploaded the video biggrin.gif It is a lame double reverb disaster, I had a great kingsize spring reverb emulation in POD, and a little delay, but that lame room reverb destroyed all. I should be more carefull next time biggrin.gif

All and all, great initiative, good work and very good job here Ivan, it was more than fun to play with it. I'm looking forward for your next one!!! Thank you!!!

Cheers

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 22 2009, 10:21 PM
Instructor
Hehe thanks mate for this comment of yours it means a lot to hear positive feedback. All the advices given were of course my suggestions on what I thought it could be better, it's my opinion based on the video only, while other factors stay hidden when commenting. I'm taking into consideration that you improvised and respect your playing very much because of that. Also I can repeat that solo is one of the best IMO! smile.gif

About the sound, yeah, I must admit you got me there! laugh.gif I thought you miced up the amp indeed! Cool sound you have, just needs a bit better reverb as you also noticed, and it will sound great!

Keep rocking mate, hope to see you on the next one! Cheers! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 23 2009, 11:48 AM
Instructor
Another comment added on this thread. All other comments soon to come as well! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Feb 23 2009, 12:33 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Awesome, thanks Ivan for your efforts!

You were right about the fact that the solo was fully improvised, and your comments regarding sliding, vibrato and muting are definitely spot on. Am working big-time currently with Muris on the vibrato, so that should be quite a bit better soon hopefully.

Cheers
Roger

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 23 2009, 03:04 PM
Instructor
Awesome mate, glad to hear it. Keep rockin, I really liked the improvisation on this one! smile.gif

Cheers,
Ivan

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kuba Szafran
Feb 23 2009, 03:18 PM
Instructor
Great job here Ivan, really enjoyed this collab smile.gif!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 27 2009, 12:40 PM
Instructor
Another comment added to the list. Rest is recorded today!

--------------------

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Feb 27 2009, 09:29 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Feb 27 2009, 05:40 AM) *
Another comment added to the list. Rest is recorded today!

Wow, thanks man. Kinda feels just like I am sitting there with you. Great tips on the arpeggios and bends, you will see it in my next one. I practice arpeggio stuff all the time but I have not used it in my solo writing as much as I should. Can’t wait to add it.

The comment of you can tell I have been practicing means so much to me cause I have, and this will drive me to do more.

Ivan, I feel your efforts as an instructor here goes way beyond what is expected of you. I really appreciate that.

As far as the noise. It is something in my computer. After it has been on for a while I think the sound card may be over heating. I only get the clicks when recording. If I record 5 takes in a row, some will have clicks and some will not. This proves it is not a settings problem.

It is time for a new/better computer.

Thanks again.

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:54 AM