> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Beginner Sweep Picking #2, Lesson By Darius Wave
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 1 ] ** [100.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 1

sidthekid
Nov 2 2018, 05:49 AM
Learning Rock Star
Original lesson: Beginner Sweep Picking #2 by Darius Wave

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 2 2018, 11:20 AM
Instructor
He there again!

First of all what you do is not a sweep picking this is why I'm struggling on how to grade the lesson. You see the trick is....that sweep motion is always the same - no matter on speed. It should be you pushing the pick until it falls to another string. In your take you are just jumping from one string to another. Of course it is a totally different story to decide if the speed is slow enough to use regualr picking (yes - it does in this case) but there was a reason for this lesson to take a closer look at exact sweep mechanics in medium tempo. I'm thinking that bacisally I should not grade at all becasue there is no sweeping at all. I need to brainstorm with other instructors.

Also....
1. Guitar is not in tune
2. There's plenty of gain
3. This time it's not as clear as your alternate picking take (unwanted strings noise cuts through)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 2 2018, 07:27 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

Besides the tuning issue, which is basically related to your guitar set up, I recommend you to re-check your Sweep Picking technique since it's not being done in an effective way, and as Darius said, you are not sweeping to cross strings.

Both tuning and Sweep Picking technique are essential elements in this lesson so this take doesn't pass by now. Please work more on this one and share a new take then. Also, feel free to contact me if you need assistance.

Regards,

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 2 2018, 09:46 PM
GMC Founder
To me it looks like you are not far away from nailing the lesson, but with a correct sweep picking motion. Your hands are in sync and you have mastered the actual notes that need to be played.

So I say we close this thread and wait for you to resubmit the lesson!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:32 PM